d'addario uke?

Zooming in on the label inside the sound hole, it looks like an "Islander" Uke. You are right that $20 seems strange. I think of D'Addario as a string and music accessory maker, not a uke builder.

Last edited:
If you zoom in to the second pic with the closeup on the sound hole, you can see the label. It's an Islander. They're not high end ukes, but definitely go for more than $20. Either the seller doesn't know what they have, or it's bait and switch and really is for a $20 D'Addario tuner maybe?

If your getting an Islander uke, tuner, and strings for 20 bucks...that's a good deal. Unfortunately, you can't be sure what it is you are really getting. Got to love CL.

Very safe to say that D'Addario does not manufacture ukuleles.

thanks all for the responses. i checked the kanile'a's website and couldn't find that particular uke, however, all of theirs were over $1000!!!
i'll have to check it out and hopefully have my first uke!
thanks again,
mikeB

Islander ukes are Kanile'a's lower-end import line and can be found here - they're definitely not over $1000 :)

I have a tenor Islander that set me back $200. It's a very fine instrument at that price point. For $20 ... whoa!

Um yeah. It's either a typo on the price, stolen, or a serial killer. I can't think of any other options. :p

Um yeah. It's either a typo on the price, stolen, or a serial killer. I can't think of any other options. :p

I was leaning toward serial killer. I'm surprised more of them don't stalk ukulele players, we seem like low-hanging fruit--mangos, probably, with our goofy cheer and aloha.

no response to me either and the post has been deleted.

Last edited:
Top Bottom