Season 312 - Contrast

Elena , Thank You for hosting season 312 , as it turned out it has been an interesting and inspirational Season Of The Ukulele, and likewise I think you did a terrific job as Host.

I am very pleased indeed that you enjoyed my Spookulele Version of the Teddy Bears' Picnic song, as I mentioned I have no idea why that particular song called out for my attention, especially as I haven't heard it for so long, and it's a silly song but a classic nonetheless , I almost talked myself out of doing it, but just decided to do it before I did actually talk myself out of it, no regrets, it was a bit of a challenge and a heap of fun to learn with its lighthearted theme in itself, and I dare say I have a new appreciation for the song.
Saying that, I'm honoured to have won a prize, and I will send you a jpeg image soon via PM, it won't be a difficult image, I think it will be one you can very much enjoy painting, and I will cherish the painting of course. I also have done art as an amateur since early childhood and have a great appreciation for personal works of art, whether visual or musical (I consider songwriting an art form also). It's a rare occurrence to be offered such a gift in my personal experience, and so I thank you again. My last artwork was a mini-canvas painting (acrylic) , a tiny painting on an easel of the World's largest Painting on an Easel "Sunflowers" by Vincent Van Gogh , which stands outdoors in the Council Gardens in Emerald , Queensland , and it really is big , and fantastic to see in person.

Wow, really such an honour to have participated in the Season (always) , and to have won a prize, and a personally gifted prize , Thank You Thank You Thank You so much :) I'm so happy ...

And a big Thank You to all Seasonistas , for you all make the Seasons what it is, and you are an inspiration in every Season.

Happy Ukeing :)

Last edited:
Oh my gosh, I am so honored, humbled and so excited Elena. There were sure so many fantastic entries here and I enjoyed them all so much. I can imagine how hard it must have been to pick. Thank you so much for liking my rendition of Aloha Oe and for choosing me as one of your recipients. Thank you for offering up this wonderful season and allowing me to participate. Thank you for such a warm welcome...I am fairly new to SOTU and have found a great group of people here who share the love of ukulele as much as I do. It is a wonderful group for sure. I will send you my mailing address and will send you an image that I would love to have. Thank you again so much! You have just made my day and I am smiling from ear to ear. Mahalo nui loa! Laura (Kale'a Lagaringer)
https://www.youtube.com/user/lagaringer

Greetings,

OMG I am so very very honored. The season was spectacular, and I never even considered my entry worth of mentioning let alone winning. Thanks to everyone and their wonderful vids to watch and enjoy and to you our host! My passion is baseball, and in particular Citifield in Queens NY. Here (hopefull) is a picture I took of a rainbow over the stadium. It would make an awesome painting!

Congrats to all the winners!

Citi field.jpg

Pic of my last mini canvas "Sunflowers At Emerald" (which was also done as a gift :) ) I don't know why but sometimes my images come out sideways on this site :/ it stands up the other way usually :)
View attachment 106704

Happy Ukeing :)

Cool!!! Mini painting of a mini painting: )

Thanks for all your kind words everyone. And Gina for your image. BEVOMU, I'll post the completed images maybe in the yakking section when done, or maybe at the end of this thread...if I can find it again. Looking forward to starting the first couple of paintings!

if you click on your own user name eg. at the top of any UU page (or indeed on anyone's user name anywhere) you go to the person's profile and there are options on the top left that include "find latest started threads" - this is a very handy way of finding seasons that people have posted - including ones you've started yourself!

Dear Elena, Thank you again. I have been trying to figure out an image that I would like to have. I love anything with a beach/palm tree/sunset combination type of vibe to it with maybe the logo Live Aloha and Live Pono. Or something like this (although it doesn't have to be as detailed of course) https://beandliveyoga.wordpress.com/2014/07/21/live-aloha-and-stay-pono/ That would be something I would treasure for a lifetime. Thank you again so much. I am still so excited. :).

Thanks for a great Season, Elena! It was a super theme for pulling out creativity with the details - much like your mini paintings. Evelyn and I had a fun time, and are thrilled to be among the random winners. We practice weekly with 2 others, and now call ourselves "Four 'Random' Notes." You did a great job with hosting, and we look forward to whatever creative theme you come up with with your next hosting.

Thanks for a great Season, Elena! It was a super theme for pulling out creativity with the details - much like your mini paintings. Evelyn and I had a fun time, and are thrilled to be among the random winners. We practice weekly with 2 others, and now call ourselves "Four 'Random' Notes." You did a great job with hosting, and we look forward to whatever creative theme you come up with with your next hosting.

Working on the first couple of mini - miniatures now. Quite the challenge but one I'm up for...I hope ;)

A special message to those who have won paintings in this Season: Elena is in the midst of a number of transitions, involving employment and other things, and has been for a bit. She sends her apologies for not getting the paintings off to the winners before this and asked me to tell the recipients that she hopes to mail them off before the year is out. She is greatly appreciative of your patience and understanding. Linda

Thank you so much Linda for posting on my behalf!

On top of the above, I was also unable to login to the forum, until I tried just now now on a whim. My saved password was redirecting and not logging in, kept saying password was wrong, sent an email about it to admin to change password/login issues and got no reply, and been so caught up with life stuff (both good and bad) I kept forgetting to get back to figuring out how to get back into the forum and following up.

In any case, I haven't forgotten the miniature paintings, they're only about an inch and a half across in size. I will, as Linda stated get them to the recipients before Christmas ��

Thanks again Linda for your help!!

Couple of them here
C3D81198-F07D-41FF-B7B8-CFE1F3722EE8.jpg
C734FBF5-2E79-4163-A3A0-9909A249DAA3.jpg

Greetings,

Thanks Linda for passing this along.

OMG, thanks Elena. What you have shown is fantastic. Wow

Ciao

Top Bottom