Trouble with riff, but sort’ve got it now...

S11LKO

Reaction score
A couple of days ago, while I was sitting absentmindedly strumming my 50 year old EKO 12 String (name dropper lol), I heard this song and thought I’d have a go at it. The riff proved more problematic than I first thought as I lost it every time I started to sing along. This was my first run through after I’d put the various sections together and I sort of have the riff off now, but as you’ll see, both the playing and my vocals need a lot of work still. Again, great fun to do though...

Very nice Dave. I like the sound of that 12 string. Just for that, now you'll have to do a song by the Seekers, like "A World of Our Own" but you'll also need to find a female vocalist to do it right.

Very nice Dave. I like the sound of that 12 string. Just for that, now you'll have to do a song by the Seekers, like "A World of Our Own" but you'll also need to find a female vocalist to do it right.

Indeed my friend. That's a great old song though, but I agree, finding another Judith would be difficult. Sadly, the only women in my life at the moment sing worse than *I* do!! lol

Sounding good Dave, a bit more persistent practice and experimenting on the riff section and you'll get the song how you want it I expect. Good voice too.
I checked out a Eko 12-string acoustic in the pawn shop one day, several years ago now, I was tempted to purchase it around $150 it seemed a terrific price, but it had a fair split through the Bridge, and I guess I never felt like I needed a 12-string enough to justify getting it , it sounds good though.

Hi Dean. Sorry for the tardy response but I took myself away for a few days. Thanks for listening to it and your constructive comments. It’s a work in progress but great fun to play and sing. I don’t rate my voice much at all, and never have, but it won’t stop me singing because I just enjoy it so much and I use singing and playing to relax and take me out of the REAL world for a while when I need to be! lol
EKO guitars are still made in Italy but seem to have not been readily available here in the U.K. since the 70’s - I’ve noticed a few shops selling them here over recent months, so perhaps they’re making a comeback. They are relatively cheap and built like tanks as well as sounding good. 12 strings for me just give a wonderful “fullness of sound” that, to MY ear at least, can sound better than a six string when playing certain songs - but I’m no expert guitarist so I’m sure some will feel differently. Thanks again buddy. Luv n stuff, Dave

Top Bottom