Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying to make a start

I some times change over the bandsaw blades two or three times in a day..depending on what type of work I'm doing i'ts no big opperation..takes about 5-10 minutes in all...and keeps the bandsaw in good working order.
    http://ukulele-innovation.tripod.com ebay i/d squarepeg_3000

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuck View Post
    I some times change over the bandsaw blades two or three times in a day..depending on what type of work I'm doing i'ts no big opperation..takes about 5-10 minutes in all...and keeps the bandsaw in good working order.
    Yeah, like a lot of things it is no big deal once you get comfortable with it, but I have never changed out a bandsaw blade and I'm filled with fear and loathing. I'll figure it out in the end as I always do. As I've pointed out before, I'm not really a tool guy and see them as a means to an end and not an end in themselves. I just want them to be quiet and do the job so I can get on with the job and make things. I couldn't care less how beautiful a smoothing plane is or how antique it is, I just want the damn thing to plane wood efficiently. Thus, I am not a true woodworker because really the efficiency of your tool means, if not everything, means a lot and I fall short here. I'm getting better at sharpening however and might actually enjoy it a little bit (just a little bit). I do get it, but I don't have to like it.

PS: I need to hire a tool sharpener. Valuable people.
    Last edited by sequoia; 02-10-2018 at 08:39 PM.

Started to get somewhere now on these two ..Well! that's the easy bit done I was supposed to do a batch of six but I have now run out of kerfed linings and it looks like production will come to a halt until i've made some more "always something holding the job up" "and the workshop could do with a tidy up" "and the dust extractor needs emptying cos it's clogged up" ...I think I could be getting too old for this game
    PICT0005 by Ken Timms, on Flickr
    Last edited by Timbuck; 02-14-2018 at 03:42 AM.

Glad to see! The world is waiting for your wonderful ukes!
    Always be yourself, unless you can be a ukulele player, then always be a ukulele player
    Unknown

I thought you were Ken the King of Kerfing? Didn't you make a machine that turned them out by the mile (kilometer)?

Quote Originally Posted by sequoia View Post
    I thought you were Ken the King of Kerfing? Didn't you make a machine that turned them out by the mile (kilometer)?
    Thats right..But first I have to re-saw the sticks...But! before that the dust extractor needs emptying..Then next I have to drum sand the sticks to size..But! before that the dust extractor needs emptying..Then I have to set up the kerfing machine on the bandsaw ..But! before that the dust extractor needs emptying.. Then I have to set up the bandsaw with the table at an angle to trim the kerfing to a triangle shape...But! before that the dust extractor needs emptying ...Guess what the first job will be today? ..Yes! it will be first go for a haircut..then! take wife to the dentist..call in at Tesco's for some groceries..walk the dogs..have lunch..Then ???
    Last edited by Timbuck; 02-14-2018 at 10:36 PM.

Ken,
    have you thought about emptying the dust extractor?

That pairs lookin' mighty fine.

h

Quote Originally Posted by Hms View Post
    Ken,
    have you thought about emptying the dust extractor?

That pairs lookin' mighty fine.

h
    Just did it 20 miutes ago Howard it's a messy job....Now i'm off for a shower to get the sawdust out of my hair.

Thread Information