Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Banjo uke advice sought

Quote Originally Posted by bsfloyd View Post
    I just now seen this posted for the first time:

http://ukerepublic.bigcartel.com/pro...-banjo-ukulele

A far cry from a Deering Goodtime, but might be fun. I'm actually looking for a Firefly soprano myself.
    Do they even mention what size these are? Soprano? Concert?

Quote Originally Posted by besley View Post
    The Uke Republic link you quoted describes them as "GoldTone Little Gem Concert Banjo Ukulele."

Quote Originally Posted by besley View Post
    Yes, concert scale I believe.

On the Gold tone Little Gems, I'm following their facebook page to see when they post up a sound link. They're promising it up soon. Their response is also "it is louder and brighter than our wood banjo ukes!"
    I wish they'd put up a little more info. I don't imagine the plastic is tuneable, but those look like tuning screws on around the drum. Maybe just decorative?

I'm looking at a Firefly, so I wouldn't mind hearing one of these against it.

Don't know if you ran across this in your search yet, captain-janeway - but here's a little sound comparison video and descriptions of some favored banjo ukes. Sorry, obviously the Little Gem is not in this yet.
    http://www.ukulelemag.com/gear-revie...banjo-ukuleles

Quote Originally Posted by igorthebarbarian View Post
    Buy the anuenue thatís in the marketplace here, so that I wonít have to!

REALLY surprised that nobody has bought this!! Iíve actually been fooling with it a bit more lately and took the back off for the first time last night! Really opened it up! Itís pretty loud but itís not really an issue dampening the sound. I wasnít so much into banjo ukes for the longest time despite owning this one. Perhaps because I donít feel like I was all that good and didnít wish to annoy everyone in the house, ha. I have to admit though that this thing is quite fun! Still if interested; I will likely still sell it. I feel the price is more than fair considering how much they cost initially. I thought I would be giving someone a great opportunity to own a nice banjo uke and thought ppl would be all over it. I suppose Anuenue isnít as talked about as it once was. I have to say though; Iíve always liked Anuenue. The 1879 was probably one of the best sounding ukes I have ever played.

Was giving it a serious look, but the weight kept me away. Is is beautiful. I'm surprised it's not gone either. I did some research on it, and it seemed like it was really well built.

Quote Originally Posted by Choirguy View Post
    Ooohh... These sound good! Gee purple, blue or clear?

Quote Originally Posted by captain-janeway View Post
    Ooohh... These sound good! Gee purple, blue or clear?
    I think these look awesome. I have and old Mastro banjo uke which is mostly plastic, and it plays and sounds awesome, even after the 70 years or so it's been around. I think these new Gold Tones will make a splash.

Quote Originally Posted by RichM View Post
    I think these look awesome. I have and old Mastro banjo uke which is mostly plastic, and it plays and sounds awesome, even after the 70 years or so it's been around. I think these new Gold Tones will make a splash.
    As a builder of reasonably good solid wood banjo ukes, I think these new Gold Tones banjo ukes look absolutely.......
    .................................................. ......FABULOUS.
    Kind Regards
    Dennis

dpophotography@yahoo.co.nz
    Southern Cross Instruments
    New Zealand

Thread Information