Newcomer falling in love with uke

BrightSound

Reaction score
I don't know why, but suddenly I find myself infatuated with ukuleles and possibly actually falling in love with them.

Their bright but not brassy sound is one reason; their transportable size and the possibility of carrying one around on my bike rides are two others. But why now? I don't know anyone personally who plays uke!

Well, I like this kind of mystery. So there you go.

Those undefinable, mysterious qualities of sound and wood are what initially captured my attention as well. Welcome to the forum again, BrightSound. Welcome the mystery! ;)

Welcome to UU!

Welcome to the forums, BrightSound!! (deja vu)

suddenly I find myself infatuated with ukuleles and possibly actually falling in love with them.
you've come to the right place!!!

i discovered ukes when i was looking on youtube at a review and demo of a clip on tuner i fancied getting for my guitar - i wanted to get back into playing guitar, and try and learn it a bit better, as i'd never been any good! anyway in the demo, the guy showed the tuner on a guitar, on a bass guitar, and on........................ what WAS that microscopic thing? a uke! it looked like fun, so i bought one, a very cheap and humble painted soprano. when it arrived, i found myself utterly charmed by the sound! it rang out like a tiny bell! as you say, is it the lovely sound we fall in love with? or the tiny smallness that makes a uke so easy to pick up and play anywhere, anytime? i dunno what the exact magic is, but everyone here has fallen under that same spell! the uke is SO addictive!

Top Bottom