Thread: Cordless dremel fitment

Default Cordless dremel fitment

Im using the stew mac router base.

Want to go cordless. Does anyone here have experience with the cordless model fitting into the stewmac router base? Looking at the dremel 8220 model.

The finger grip at the end unscrews, exposing a 3/4" x 12tpi threaded neck like most other Dremels. Should fit fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jhnmdahl View Post
    The finger grip at the end unscrews, exposing a 3/4" x 12tpi threaded neck like most other Dremels. Should fit fine.
    Oh good, im guessing all dremels have the threaded neck. Was skeptic as the 8220 model was not listed on stewmac website. Just a few models and older corded models was compatible stated in the description. Ill try give strwmac a call.

I think all the newer Dremels fit the SMD base. I had an older dremel that was around the year 2000 that doesn't fit. Everything after that should fit fine. I use a cheap corded Sears Craftsman dremel knock off (it was free) and is a true piece of chit but it works and it fits the SMD base and does the job, but cordless is the way to go absolutely. Doing rosettes the cords tend to start to kink up which is very annoying. Cords are just generally annoying in general as any wood worker knows.

I've been using the 8220 for a few years. With the collar off, it fits all kinds of accessories.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    8 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 8 mini bass electric guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. http://.www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers: https://www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

StewMac's customer service would probably be happy to answer this. I've found them to be very helpful in the past.
    Tobin Crooks

Thread Information