Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baritone Uke with Arm Bevel and Sound Port - Picture Set

Its a catalyzed polyurethane. Australian product only available here and New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Its a catalyzed polyurethane. Australian product only available here and New Zealand.
    Interesting stuff. I believe it is also available in the U.S. from Pinnacle and Chemcraft. I don't know much about the stuff and have never used it but it certainly seems to have potential. It comes in pre-catalyzed and post catalyzed forms which I don't understand the difference. It is definitely probably not a finish for the neophyte and takes skill to use. They use the stuff on trains, planes and automobiles...and ukuleles. There are also health issues involved which are not trivial. Follow directions.... A blog post from a pro finisher below:

https://woodfinishings.wordpress.com...-polyurethane/

There are lots of Polyurethane procudts out there formulated for different uses. You can't expect one designed for spraying planes to be suitable for timber, nor visa versa. And all require more skill to spray than nitro based lacquer. And you better not leave it in the gun like you can with lacquer, or you will be tossing it in the bin.

Thread Information