Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My journey through the world of tablets.

Do single pages. You can always have forScore display two pages from single pages when in landscape mode.
    Playing ukulele since January 2016.

Have you participated in the thread, "How the Ukulele Found You?" If not, please consider adding your story--they are just fun to read.

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...lele-found-you

Quote Originally Posted by Choirguy View Post
    Do single pages. You can always have forScore display two pages from single pages when in landscape mode.
    What he said.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 8 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. http://www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers: https://www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos
    Last edited by kohanmike; 04-15-2018 at 06:46 AM.

Well I’ve had the ForScore and iPad Pro set up for over a month now. I have over 700 songs I have scanned in using Genius Scan. GS makes it easy for me to batch multiple scans of a song together in one pdf and crop just right. I scan loose sheets on the fly at jams and festivals. All portrait format. I move the scans to Dropbox (which has its own scanner BTW) where I rename the docs. I can’t seems to move pdfs from GS directly into ForScore. Easier to do renaming in Dropbox I found because the scans are displayed full size instead of thumbnail etc. When I am on the treadmill I’ll rename files using the keyboard mic. And yes, I often have to input by hand especially for those Hawaiian songs. I have an iPad Pro caddy attached to a go stand. In a backpack I include a small backup battery, small power strip with USB outlets, iPad Pro Pencil, power cords, and tiny shure mic. It’s about 5 pounds less than lugging all the books and binders. But sometimes I take just the iPad, a small plastic tabletop stand, and the backup battery. Then it’s super light. The go stand is actually pretty heavy compared to my other stands. It’s a great set up and people are always asking me about the app. So thanks to the OP and others for the recommendations.

ipad_forscore_gostand_caddy.jpg

I've got setlists set up and those are great for holiday songs or specific jam books. I am still trying to figure out difference of tags and labels as I might use them. I really like the annotation tool, too.
    Last edited by Martinlover; 04-15-2018 at 04:49 AM. Reason: added photo

I have an Insignia 10" android tablet I got off of ebay last year. It was a Christmas gift and someone probably had all ithings, so they sold a new Insignia tablet with a nice case/stand for $60. I have probably 1,000+ songs on it, nothing fancy, but it displays music! That's all I needed at the time and need now.
    Just Play

Sopranos: 1st uke, Lanikai soprano LU-11 - Aquilas | 30's Martin style 0 - Martins | Fender Piha'eu - Worth Browns | Lanikai banjolele - Fremont Blacklines
    Concerts: Kanile'a K-2 CP - Living Water | Islander AC-4 - Living Water | Ohana CK-35-8 - Living Water | Kala KA-ACP-CT - Living Water, low G
    UBass: Kala Exotic Mahogany - Road Toad Pahoehoe

Quote Originally Posted by Martinlover View Post
    Well I’ve had the ForScore and iPad Pro set up for over a month now

ipad_forscore_gostand_caddy.jpg
    How much memory does your iPad have?

I have a 15.4 inch Lenovo Yoga laptop that converts to a giant tablet. Running MobileSheets Pro - works great. Can annotate at home and rarely need to annotate in the middle of a set. Have about 2000 songs in it. - can attach it to a tripod and set at any height I need - sitting or standing. I'm sticking with this!

I once had a journey through the world of tablets.......but I'm clean now
    All the best,
    Campbell

YouTube Videos & Tabs
    https://www.youtube.com/user/camsuke

My iPad has 128gigs I thinks.
    Pre-UAS: “1 uku is all I need.” Early-on-set UAS: “1 of each size is necessary.” Chronic UAS: Constant trolling of ukulele marketplaces, increasing number of “necessary” ukuleles as collection grows. Full blown UAS: Coworkers believe you have a problem, individual considers divorce over parting with any ukuleles, individual seriously considers dipping into retirement account to see what those Moore Bettahs and Beau Hannams are all about.

Thread Information