Sarah Maisel made straps

maki66

Reaction score
https://www.etsy.com/shop/MaiselDesigns?ref=l2-shopheader-name

I was in the market for a conventional, but well made and good looking straps as a gift for my wife and found Sarah's store on Etsy.
I ordered one. I'll post a review when it gets here.
Kind of exited Sarah is one of my favorites!

This is the one I bought:
Sarahs strap.jpg

Last edited:
They’re absolutely beautiful. Sarah gave me one on their tour and it’s my absolute favourite.

I've got one on my baritone and have been very happy with it...very well made and beautiful. I am sure your wife will like it.

Another fantastic looking strap! I need to get one (or two) of these. Thanks for sharing.

I have several; they are my favorite straps and receive rave reviews wherever they go.

I got one of her original straps from her and Craig's Kickstarter campaign a few years back. Ii's my main strap and I love it :)

We received our two straps and have had a chance to use them now for a little while.
So, briefly, here is the good and the bad;
The strap is extremely well crafted, the workmanship flawless.
Materials are first rate and the photos don't really do the fabric patterns justice.
It is an ukulele strap that is sized perfectly for the instruments. They work for me at 6'1" and for my wife at 5'4".

Now for the bad. ...................................Nothing!
These are the perfect ukulele straps, AND they are knockout gorgeous.
As you would expect, Sarah has been great to deal with, she ships quickly, and we even got little extras and a personal note on the invoice.
While my review is a rave, I have never met Sarah and I no have a financial interest in her work.

Edited to add; There is a downside to these straps, your going to want one for every ukulele you have!

Last edited:
Just ordered my second one! Bought the first in conjunction with an Oahu case from HMS. I agree with everyone's reviews that it really is the perfect strap for ukes with a strap button/end pin. This new one will be for my Kala Elite. Since the headstock overlay is a light wood, I opted for the tan colored ties. Nice of Sarah to offer that choice.

^^ Great review!! I need to get one of these. I am looking to get my first soprano and I believe I will need a strap for the smaller size instrument as I play picking style and like my hands as free as possible.

I am very happy with my Sarah Maisel strap. I was using a strap button but have switched to a headstock tie and I like how the neck is held up to a comfortable height. Does anyone have any tips/photos of how they attach the leather string to the strap? I passed the string through the strap button hole and it just seems like it could tear through eventually.

Thanks
Andy

Hi Andy, I've got mine tied with a knot between the leather end and the headstock. Doesn't seem like it will tear through to me. Hope this pic helps

20180308_165336.jpg

Oh, just awesome, something else I need to obsess about for my ukes. :drool: I love the peacock one.

Top Bottom