WTR: Cordoba Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Hanks

Reaction score
Throwing this out there, cuz ya never know....

I want to "rent" one of these for about 6 months to a year. Don't ask why. :rolleyes: :p

Of course, you will probably want a full sale and then I'll re-sell (or sell back) later, but for that reason it needs to be a "decent" sale price up front.

Maybe this one for $129 will be useful for you?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Disney-Pixar/Coco-x-Cordoba-Mini-Mahogany-Acoustic-Guitar.gc

Coco version of the Mini, 22.8" scale. Following your other threads, should be great for Terz "G" tuning even with regular high-tension classical guitar strings.

You just need to be happy with the movie graphics carved on the body for the kiddos, which you will never even see when playing and those graphics are in fact silent LOL, so maybe no issue really, especially if this is for an experiment and a sort of sacrifice instrument like the Rogue baritone...

Thanks Joe but I was in Guitar Center yesterday and tried the Mini M, this Coco, the Yamaha GL-1, and full size classical. The Mini just felt almost perfect. Shorter scale than the Coco and nut width in-between the narrow GL-1 and wide full sizes. The only way the Mini would be better is if it had a radius fretboard and slightly shorter since I prefer 19" to 20" baritones.

Jim - I seen some Mini M's and R's on Reverb for some decent prices - slightly lower than new. I think some were from a store named 'All Used Guitars' (no affiliation). Might want to have a look there if you haven't already.

Yeah, I was interested in the Coco series for the price they are asking for them. After I found out there were 22.8" scale I loss some interest as I was hoping for max 20". If they offered it in their Mini M, R, and O scale length of 20" it would be a no brainer.

Jim - I seen some Mini M's and R's on Reverb for some decent prices - slightly lower than new. I think some were from a store named 'All Used Guitars' (no affiliation). Might want to have a look there if you haven't already.

Yeah, I was interested in the Coco series for the price they are asking for them. After I found out there were 22.8" scale I loss some interest as I was hoping for max 20". If they offered it in their Mini M, R, and O scale length of 20" it would be a no brainer.
Agree with everything you just said. There are a couple on reverb for 15-20% off new. That could possibly work. Hmmm.

I bought a USED Mini O from a store in Illinois via Reverb. The photograph was lovely. Very special book match Ovangkol, and different from any other stock photo I'd seen. It was a great price, I didn't understand why the other bidders were making offers instead of just grabbing it.

When it arrived the box looked like it had never been opened. The Mini O looked absolutely nothing like the photograph. I realized it wasn't used at all. I never even strummed it. After some email exchanges I shipped it back.

Was it new and perfect? I don't know; it wasn't the used one I had purchased.
Was it a blemished model? I don't know; it wasn't the used one I had purchased.
Did they lie about it being used in order to get around some legal agreement with Cordoba about discounts? I don't know, it wasn't the used one I had purchased.

I resented the advertising gimmick and told them so. They never admitted fault, but fully refunded my money and paid for the return shipping.

The ad is still there with the same photograph. If you want to buy one they pull off the shelf and which will look nothing like the one they now say is MINT and barely used you may be happy with the price. Shoot, they may even accept an offer.

For me it was the principle of truth in advertising. If it's USED it is the one in the photo.

Good to know. Yeah, just like eBay, you have to be careful. There are sneaky sellers out there. I also hate the $150+$60 shipping gimmick.

Agreed that Reverb can be the same as ebay. The two purchases I made on Reverb, I was sure to ask and communicate with the seller to be sure all concerns were disclosed. One of the first things I ask is if the item in the photos is the actual item for sale. Many new items are just a stock photo, the same as buying from major music houses online. My mere two transactions have worked good for me.

Yes, sometimes the shipping prices are ridiculous - as is the $60 dollar one you mentioned, Jim. I seen that one and did not save it in my Watch List. Some sellers will advertise a low price and then make up for some monies lost in shipping charges. Just another caveat with Reverb and ebay. The one that I was originally thinking was $160 and free shipping I believe.

Best of luck in your quest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom