Another Australian Blackwood Baritone - Picture Set

BR Ukuleles

Reaction score
After a concert I built a few months back featuring some of the really beautiful Blackwood I have with some sap wood incluced in the book match I had a flurry of commisons to build something similar. This is one of them.

It has a 20" scale length, compound radius on the fret board. Waverly machine heads and a MISI under-saddle pickup. High gloss polyurethane finish.

Australian Blackwood Baritone1.jpgAustralian Blackwood Baritone2.jpgAustralian Blackwood Baritone4.jpgAustralian Blackwood Baritone7.jpgAustralian Blackwood Baritone6.jpg

That looks amazing!
Is that Acacia melanoxylon?

Stunningly figured wood and beautiful craftsmanship.
I wish it was in my budget.
DROOL!!!

Yet another beauty: I'm beginning to think you either don't sleep or else have a team of elves who work the night shift for you!

Yet another beauty: I'm beginning to think you either don't sleep or else have a team of elves who work the night shift for you!

Its a full time job and I have been working hard at increasing efficiency in every aspect of building.

For instance my switch to catalyzed finishes has taken that from a 4 -5 week process when I was shooting Nito based lacquer with multible coats each spray session down to 4 - 5 days with epoxy fore filler sessions and then just one coat of sanding sealer followed by one coat of clear after a 2 hour dry time and a level sanding. Another single coat the next day after a level sand. Folowing day I can wet sand and buff. Result is a thinner and harder finish that's so shiny I'm amazed.

Top Bottom