Season 314: And The Nominees Are...

Greetings,

Does anyone know how to clear their mailbox? I want to thank a few folks but my messages are full! Reply in thread if u know please. Thanks!

Clearing mailbox: Under your list of messages is a small menu box indicating "selected messages". There you can choose "delete" by opening the menu box. Concerned emails you have to select in the little lateral marker fields.

Clearing mailbox: Under your list of messages is a small menu box indicating "selected messages". There you can choose "delete" by opening the menu box. Concerned emails you have to select in the little lateral marker fields.

Thanks much! It worked.

Ciao

Nominated in 1997, and CRUSHED by "My Heart Will Go On", Elliott Smith's "Miss Misery". A prolific writer gone too soon.

Has nobody done this one yet, really!? Or did I just miss it somewhere earlier in the thread? Randy's season needs more Randy Newman. 1995, got beat by the song from Pocahontas. I think this one has longer legs.

Sorry about the little flubs in this and the previous. I jammed a finger on my fretting hand a couple of weeks ago and it hurt to play. And then I lost my voice. Nice to be back though. Good season Randy, thanks for hosting.

It's the waning hours of this Season, but there's still great music to be had!

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters ** Streets of Philadelphia ** I love the sound of your uke here. Great song.

engravertom ** Win An Oscar ** Wow, this is a really good song. Well done all around!

mythinformed ** The Bare Necessities ** Such a fun song. And you have the perfect6 voice for it!

xommen ** Streets of Philadelphia ** Great version! Love the reverb!

AlanDP ** Mule Train ** Awesome whip crack! The rest of the song is awesome, too! Yes haw!

uke4ia ** That Thing You Do! ** One of my all-time favorite movies! I love this song, too! Thanks for the bring! Yup, maybe a lower key. :)

Desert Pavement ** Miss Misery ** Good song. I don't think I've heard it before. Terrific take!

Desert Pavement ** You've Got a Friend In Me ** I never get enough Randy Newman. I remember back when he went 15 nominations without a win, it almost became a running joke. When he finally won his first Oscar, for "If I Didn't Have You," he told the audience, "I don't want your pity." Good song, well done.

Thanks Harry for the interesting week!
I got to know a lot of tunes I didn't know before.
Here's a little compilation of my entries:

So, this Season is officially over! So many terrific songs! Wrap-up coming soon,

weerpool ** I Just Called To Say I Love You ** Isn't Stevie Wonder amazing? So's your performance here!
bonesigh ** My Heart Will Go On** Excellent playing here.

Here's the wrap-up. Big thanks to all entrants. It was a terrific Season thanks to all of you!

That was a wonderful wrap-up vid Randy.

Congratulations to all the nominees and to AlanDP for the big win!

Thanks for a great Season, Randy. Looking at the wrap, the standard of the nominees was really high and your Academy had a hard job choosing the winner ... well done, Alan! (One complaint ... you really SHOULD have had an envelope to open with the result!)

Thanks for a great Season, Randy. Looking at the wrap, the standard of the nominees was really high and your Academy had a hard job choosing the winner ... well done, Alan! (One complaint ... you really SHOULD have had an envelope to open with the result!)

Yes I was waiting for a 5 minute fiddle with the envelope too.

Cheers for a great week Randy and the nomination. I don't get much time to post lately so it was a real treat having the time to get a few in and for a week of such great old classics to choose from too. Congrats to Alan and everyone who participated

Top Bottom