NUD - Gold Tone Resouke

PTOEguy

Reaction score
So Gold Tone had a sale to get rid of blemished instruments or stuff that they just couldn't get rid of. After convincing myself that I really didn't need that bass banjo, I signed up for a Resouke (and a solid-body microbass, but that's another post). It took almost a month for Gold Tone to ship and they got here yesterday.

IMG-1615.jpg

I like it way more than I every thought I would. It has a cool sound that is different than any other uke I own and it projects very nicely (that is, it is loud). And daughter has indicated that she will be using this one as much as she possibly can.

It came with a case. However, it doesn't quite fit the tuners - you have to push it in firmly to get the headstock into place.

And finally, my daughter and I tried it out at our church today playing for the kid's class. It sounded amazing, but when I got home and pulled it out and started playing, I noticed a buzzing/rattling sound

Does anyone have any thoughts on diagnosing and fixing a rattling resouke?

An update - I called Gold Tone and they walked me through an adjustment that took care of the buzz and made the tone brighter and louder. I have been impressed throughout about how friendly and helpful the folks at Gold Tone have been.

Top Bottom