2018 Midwest Uke Camp

OhioBelle

Reaction score
Congrats OhioBelle! Be sure to try and visit Elderly Instruments while you're there - they are located in Lansing.

Congrats OhioBelle! Be sure to try and visit Elderly Instruments while you're there - they are located in Lansing.

If it's like last year, you may find more Elderly ukes at the camp store, along with related accessories. They had a ton, including a Collings and other high end models. I had a blast, and the instructors were top notch. Trying to decide whether to go again this summer, or switch to the banjo camp at the same location. Wish I could do both!

Just registered!

My first. I'm excited!

http://www.midwestukecamp.com

Angela:

This was one of the best Uke camps I experienced. I went in 2016, but in 2017 and now again in 2018, I will be out of the country or I would be there.

The sleeping facilities are dorms and it brings you back to college days, except there was no funny smoke emanating from the rooms.:p

Make sure you visit Elderly music, which was and I suppose is still a sponsor and is not too far away from the college. Their Uke showroom is magnificent. As mentioned, they also had a mini showroom at the convention along with a few other vendors. This is where I bought the Mason Uke that I had, which was really nice, but I have subsequently moved on from as I go with only 1.5 nuts now.

Have a wonderful time.

Wow! That is a really reasonable price for housing and food, plus all the ukulele one could want!

Maybe I can add that to my summer plans.... :music:

Thanks for the tip! I'm seriously considering the 2019 camp. Does anyone know of other similar options? I may need more than just a weekend...

Top Bottom