Strings for Koaloha KSM-02 Long neck soprano

I reached out to Koaloha to see what strings shipped on the kSM-02. Learned they have their our own line of fluorocarbon strings and have them available for purchase for $10 a set plus shipping (without retail packaging). I went ahead and ordered a few sets, installed today. I've come full circle with a greater appreciation for the unique voice of the Koaloha's. I appreciate your comments- I'll come back to this post when I'm ready to experiment again.

Last edited:
I purchased a used Opio longneck soprano - with a spruce top, a one off from what I am told. I put on a set of Worth clears and love the sound. I love the Living Waters strings but had no more on hand, but the Worths I had so on they went. I love them. High g as I like the ukulele sound and find low g makes it too like a small 4 string guitar.

I purchased a used Opio longneck soprano - with a spruce top, a one off from what I am told. I put on a set of Worth clears and love the sound. I love the Living Waters strings but had no more on hand, but the Worths I had so on they went. I love them. High g as I like the ukulele sound and find low g makes it too like a small 4 string guitar.

Sounds like a cool instrument. I would think the spruce top on a soprano would sound great. I'm interested in the Opio's and hope to get a chance to play one!

Top Bottom