Song Help Request Looking for audio for a song (Eia Makou)

UkeStuff

Reaction score
This past weekend I traveled to San Antonio to speak at the Texas Music Educators Association (on sight singing—my ukulele sessions were not accepted this year) and I attended two ukulele sessions. I’m not going to say much about the sessions...but there were a number of songs used in the instruction.

One of my latest interests has been to create video play alongs for ukulele, with the initial intent of those songs being used in schools (it’s a wonderful way to get kids playing and singing), which is why I tend to avoid songs that aren’t really appropriate for a school setting (language/topics)

One of the songs that was used in the presentation is something I would like to make a video of, but I cannot find a reference recording. The song is “Eia Makou/Here We Are the Children of Hawaii.” YouTube, Google, and Apple Music have not produced any songs with audio that I can use (although some of the versions have the traditional V7/V, V7, I Hawaiian intro...e.g. D7, G7, C) and I know there are people here on the board from Hawaii that might have sung this song as a child and may have access to a quality reference recording that I could use for a play-along.

If you do, could you drop me a direct message?

Thanks!

Chris

Its 3:30am in my neck of the woods, ran through quickly and the chord progression sounds like

F Bb F C F C F Bb F C F C F Bb F C F C n F Bb F C F

Hope this helps

Overthehillphil75

Top Bottom