What did you do to your Uke today?

Played some chords and trying to learn a seamless chord progression without sounding like a drunkard trying to play for the first time....LOL

Played some chords and trying to learn a seamless chord progression without sounding like a drunkard trying to play for the first time....LOL

C Am F G7...it's used in a lot of songs, like 26 Miles, available on scorpexuke dot com...:shaka:

My ukes sit in foldable plastic crates in their gig bags - I re-arranged them, so that I can get at my solids easier, & moved my two cheap solid body electrics over the other side of the room, where my baris live. ;)

(Hoping this will entice me to play them more often, as I seem to have lost my mojo just lately. :( )

Got that Living Water Low G set put on my Kala Cedar top, so far, so good. Sounds kind of boomy, but I guess that's low G...:shaka:

Switched out the tuning machines on my Kala soprano-size spruce top travel uke. I really like this little guy, with its thinline body and sweet (yet plenty loud) voice, but always felt it was a little top-heavy with the original enclosed geared tuners. I went with a set of cream-colored open-geared Grovers, and the uke feels lighter and more balanced now. I find that it sings best when tuned a half step up from "standard", and that the "feel" of the string tension is really nice at that level too.

Seeing this post inspired me to ditch the Nyltechs and on my WWII Martin Concert to install Ko'olua Golds. Then I decided I need to refinish the sound board as there is serious strum wear. One thing leads to another.

Installed Gotoh UPT tuners on a cedar/rosewood Ohana TK-50G tenor uke, to replace the stock geared ones. Ferrules on the front dropped right in, but I needed to ream the back openings about 1 mm more. Look Ma...no ears!

16.jpg
17.jpg
2.JPG

Last edited:
I put a Low G string on my Koaloha KSM-00 Soprano and tuned it up to A-D-F#-B.

TC

With the angle, you can't see the 8 tiny screw holes from the old geared tuners. Thought of filling them, but who looks back there? :D

I agree, Ukecaster! With my level of craftsman skills (lame, that is), sometimes the "filled" holes are more noticeable than if I'd just let 'em be !!

I just installed a single strap pin in my new Ohana Super Soprano (SK-250M). Of course, there was the usual holding my breath as the drill bit started boring into the wood, but this is about the 4th or 5th time I've installed one, so I think I have the technique pretty well figured out. :cool:

I just installed a single strap pin in my new Ohana Super Soprano (SK-250M). Of course, there was the usual holding my breath as the drill bit started boring into the wood, but this is about the 4th or 5th time I've installed one, so I think I have the technique pretty well figured out. :cool:

The last couple of strap pins, I've done by hand, using a small jewelers screwdriver. I just poke a tiny hole, then keep pushing/turning it to the depth I want. It becomes, in effect a manual drill bit, and works just fine, removing the power-tool-near-the-nice-uke agita.

Tool.jpg

Bought a cheap used soprano from someone on letgo. Just want to see if it might fit better. My first uke was a beautiful tenor that's just too big for my teeny hands. Maybe just something for practice. I got a concert and am getting a little better at chord transitioning and I noticed trying the tenor after ending time on the concert made me a little better on tenor. I'll go down one more size and see what happens. Don't know if this is a good way to learn but I figured what the heck

Top Bottom