What did you do to your Uke today?

Put a D'Addario CinchFit Acoustic Jack Lock on my Oscar Schmidt late last evening, gave it a tune and practiced some chords.
Must say I am quite happy with the CinchFit.

Got a new concert Flea on Wednesday, today I put a low g Aguila string on it. I was worried about how it would fit, but no problem at all. I've downloaded several tab pieces for low g from several sites. The low g sounds really nice. (not that I'd ever want to give up my high g)

Got a new concert Flea on Wednesday, today I put a low g Aguila string on it. I was worried about how it would fit, but no problem at all. I've downloaded several tab pieces for low g from several sites. The low g sounds really nice. (not that I'd ever want to give up my high g)

I know, it works on some songs, but I guess I prefer to play songs that sound good in high G, like islandy songs and old time tin pan alley type stuff. :shaka:

It is a device to enable strap fitment on an acoustic endpin jack such as a MISI, LR Baggs or K&K pickup.
Has small pads on it that let it swivel quite easily on the endpin jack without marring the finish on your uke.
Attached to your strap in a similar fashion as a cord that attaches a strap on the headstock.

I taught it a lesson.

That's why spanking is not affective, does more damage than good.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 8 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. http://.www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: https://www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

I bought a Sarah Maisel strap which I'm breaking in, it's a cool strap and adds a little pizazz to my setup.

I went to a friend's house for a BBQ. Her brother plays the guitar, and we had a battle, guitar vs ukulele. We played a bunch of songs and each gave it our all. It was great fun.

Ivan Carlos and me..jpgPlaying ukulele with Ivan Carlos.jpg

Last edited:
After 5 days of stretching, I unwound and rewound the new strings on my UBass and cut off the extra...
extra.jpg
probably cut off more in a couple weeks, especially the D and G strings...

Unwound and rewound the strings again and should be the last time, at least for a while, they are no longer winding back on themselves! Also, filed the sharp fret ends...:shaka:
exstring.jpg

Changed strings on the new 8-string today. Not looking forward to that again! For one thing, there's twice the number of strings as on a regular ukulele. For another thing, it has a slotted headstock, maybe it's just something different that I'm not used to, but it's a pain. Luckily, it has a string-through bridge, which is probably easier than a tie bridge. There was a little bead on the end of the strings with a knot, not too hard, but, of course I dropped one of the beads...nowhere to be found, I swept the whole dining, kitchen, hall, entry area, not a trace of that rascally little bead. So, I tied the 2, 4th strings to one bead, I'll probably find it somewhere, someday. Then 3 of the strings slipped on the tuner post. I've changed dozens of sets of strings and always just pulled the string tight, then back 2 frets and wound them on, no problem, until today! But, I got them to work finally. While the strings were off, I cleaned the fretboard on a brand new ukulele with some lemon oil, I used 2 paper towels and they were black! I couldn't believe how dirty it was!!! I guess expert setup doesn't include cleaning off the fretboard.

Anyway, the uke came with Worth browns paired, except for there was a wound low G on it. I wanted all paired like the traditional Taropatch, so I put 2 sets of Living Water High G on it, so far, it sounds amazing! :shaka:
IMG_20180408_104332591.jpg
IMG_20180408_111933018.jpg
IMG_20180409_075540605.jpg

Last edited:
I played my greatest hits from a Mike Lynch book. I’m pleased to hear progress in both tabs and playing all over the fret board.

I called Gold Tone and they walked me through and adjustment that got rid of the buzz in my resouke - and now it is brighter and louder as well.

I have one of them. What was involved in the process? I haven't noticed any buzzing, but it would be good to know.

I put new strings on my Loprinzi Koa Tenor Model D (Living Water, first time for me) and what a wonderful sound now. So sweet/warm sound. Very well compensated strings!
My spruce concert is now singing too. I didnt play it cause it was so bright that it hurt my ears.
Thank you Ken for my replacement! Great customer service!

I'm finally beginning to sound decent playing clawhammer ukulele.
I've been going at 'Cluck Old Hen' all day from Aaron Keim's Clawhammer Ukulele book.
Driving my poor wife nuts in the process!

Top Bottom