Baritone Bridge Replacement

Ogrehulk

Reaction score
I am wanting to replace the bridge on an old baritone uke I received and I have two questions:
  1. Can I use a heat gun or something similar to release the bridge (this is an old Kingston uke)?
  2. Where might I find replacement bridges? No one seems to sell them, that I can find.
Thanks!

Another way to remove the bridge is to use a small iron and a damp cloth. I used an iron made for model airplane covering.

There are lots of YouTube videos that show this process.

Place masking tape around the bridge. Place the damp cloth on the bridge. Heat the cloth with the small iron while working a thin putty knife under the bridge. Slow and steady work and eventually the bridge will pop off. You may end up with a small portion of the soundboard coming off under the bridge. This can be sanded and fixed when the new bridge is glued back on.

Good luck!

I mask around the bridge with tape and cardboard ..then with a small plane (I use a Stanley Fatmax saw) I plane down the bridge till it's only stands off the top by 1mm, then I remove the rest with water and a hot soldering iron making steam..it usually makes a neat job....I did a thread on it some time back but Photobucket nacked in all the pics anyway if you can find the Photobucket fix here is the thread. http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...ing-a-Soprano-Bridge&highlight=bridge+problem *EDIT* I replaced a few pics so you can get the idea. ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom