Enya EUC-70 ?

2nd Islander or new Enya?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

larabie23

Reaction score
Among my proud family of ukes, I own the Islander AS-4 Soprano as well as the MAC-4 Islander Salted Maple, concert.

I love the sound and neck size of the AS-4, and I love the sound of the Islander Maple (although I wonder if the width of the neck is too wide for bar chords), and now I'm looking for that 'koa' sound in a concert size.

My first inclination was to go towards the Islander AC-4, but since I already have the soprano in the same design, I wondered if I should try the Enya EUC-70. The sounds seems very similar, at least on video, and I've read some good reviews on Enya ukes in general.

I'm not looking for a solid or solid-top, just a good sounding koa laminate.

To feed my UAS and 'need' for a concert sized koa, I've also looked at the Kala, Oscar Schmidt, Luna and Cordoba, but I keep going back to either the Islander or the Enya.

I'm just not sure if I should go for the larger model of the soprano that I already have, or go for something different with the Enya (the design is a bit snazzier, and sounds very close to the Islander).

Thanks for your input!

There is about a $20 difference - however with the Enya it comes with a case and assessories.

Hi, this is Emma from Enya Musical Instruments. Thank you for taking our Enya EUC-70 into your consideration. Comparing other brands with similar sound, our Ukulele have a very competitive price and service.

Wish you will enjoy our ukulele, More ukulele you could view our website: LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR

Mod note: Please keep commercial/personal links in signatures unless posting in the Links & Videos forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took the plunge and ordered the Enya X1 tenor. Looking good forward to hearing the difference between laminate Koa and Hpl Koa. I’m loving my Islander As-4 and I think the Enya X1 tenor will be a nice addition to my Uke family ����

I took the plunge and ordered the Enya X1 tenor. Looking good forward to hearing the difference between laminate Koa and Hpl Koa. I’m loving my Islander As-4 and I think the Enya X1 tenor will be a nice addition to my Uke family ����

Hello larabie, Thank you for your choice of ordering our Enya X1 ukulele. Wish you would enjoy it

Top Bottom