Tribute to the Moon with two Brükos

wwelti

Reaction score
I found it somewhat funny to dedicate a video of the Pineapple Brüko to the moon since it is so "full and round".

In this video there are now brown Worth Strings on both Brükos -- the Pineapple and the No.6.

All three pieces are available in my free E-Book linked in the video.

Thank you for posting this video and for the links, inspiring - this learner finds it so.

Both Brükos sound great to my ear, slightly different to each other but still lovely. I must run the video again, on two screens and recompare short sections (of the different models playing the same piece, about 2 minute 20 seconds separation between them). There wasn’t much difference but in this particular video the Standard shape pleased my ear slightly more than the Pineapple, that surprised me but maybe the browns aren’t as well suited to the Pineapple. Whatever I’m reminded that I could be very happy with a No 5 or 6 too.

As far as I know the Pineapple is not available to buy yet, having heard how nicely it plays the lack of price and availability information is a bit a frustration. Some information on those would be helpful.

Last edited:
Thanks, Graham. Unfortunately I can't provide any information about pricing and availability of the Pineapple Brüko. I don't know more about that than you. I was just lent to me so that I can play it and make some videos.

I'm not sure yet which strings are best for the pineapple. In the previous videos there were Aquila Reds on the Pineapple. Difficult to decide what is best. I personally prefer the traditional shape since it is a bit easier to hold for me. But the Pineapple is surely an interesting instrument, and it's so well made. The build quality is amazing.

Best Regards
Wilfried

Thanks Wilfried. I will just have to be patient and hope that information will eventually appear.

As the Pineapple has been lent to you it’s perhaps not possible for you to fit a strap button to its base. I was reluctant to ‘deface’ my Soprano Pineapples by fitting a button but eventually did, the result for me is that with a strap they’re a breeze to hold. Its probably not ideal in some way to use a strap on a Uke, but for me the alternative is worse.

Brüko do have a name for quality, I’m hopeful that one day I’ll own one myself and be able to confirm that it’s all true.

Last edited:
Hello to all,

the Brüko pineapple is still in development and I was honored to get the first prototype ukulele. I sent it to Wilfried because of his well known skills in playing the ukulele.

There are not to much information about the pineapple available.

After the final style of the pineapple is found, Brüko plans to build at least four versions of the pineapples.

1 and 2. All solid maple pineapple soprano and longneck.
3 and 4. All solid mahogany pineapple soprano and longneck.

They would be build by custom orders as far as I know. The price would be located just a little higher as the standard forms.

Best wishes
Uwe

Thanks for providing this additional information, Uwe!

Indeed I can't modify this ukulele, I didn't even dare to use the magnetic strap with it. :D

Top Bottom