How Many?

I myself was ... well I still am if I can remember my password I guess, to safety razor forum. Fellows talking about how a particular razor is effective in cutting their whiskers. All that vintage Gillette thing. And myself I got into buy some. But what I use for my shaving is just really a one razor that I use, all others are just collectors items = useless.

Also safety razor blades I have to last my lifetime, with differing qualities. Living up in the north on winter times milder blades are more desirable, whereas in summer and moister humidity sharper ones are good too. Etc. etc.

I can totally relate to this. I'm probably on the same site. (B&B?) Over the years I've easily bought and sold over 20 razors, both modern and vintage. For quite a while I was rotating 4-5 different razors. I pared that down to 3-4 razors and finally brought myself down to the 2 razors I'm currently rotating. I like the simplicity and familiarity of having only two. Now I'm trying to pare down my soaps and aftershaves. Blades will take a while, I've got close to a decade's worth.

Razors are a lot easier to collect than ukuleles. (At least, a lot more affordable.) I didn't bat an eye when I went from 1 uke to 2, it was still comfortable and very doable. When I went from 2 to 3 I started feeling the saturation point. (for me) Even with only 3 I started feeling a sense of neglect when I stuck with one too long. At 3 I feel I can still play each of them enough so I don't feel bad about spending so much money on something that gets ignored or barely played. I'll soon have 4 but I went into the last purchase knowing that I would be selling one that I already had. Maybe I learned a lesson from my razor experience - simplify and keep things reasonable and manageable.

Ha, ha, lots of ukes means lots of choice, some sound better on certain tunes/songs, this is why some of us have so many. ;)

Different woods, strings, high G, low G, acoustic, electro acoustic, solid electric, steel stringed solid electric, sopranino, soprano, long neck soprano, concert, long neck concert, tenor, baritone, etc. :)

I can totally relate to this. I'm probably on the same site. (B&B?) Over the years I've easily bought and sold over 20 razors, both modern and vintage. For quite a while I was rotating 4-5 different razors. I pared that down to 3-4 razors and finally brought myself down to the 2 razors I'm currently rotating. I like the simplicity and familiarity of having only two. Now I'm trying to pare down my soaps and aftershaves. Blades will take a while, I've got close to a decade's worth.

Razors are a lot easier to collect than ukuleles. (At least, a lot more affordable.) I didn't bat an eye when I went from 1 uke to 2, it was still comfortable and very doable. When I went from 2 to 3 I started feeling the saturation point. (for me) Even with only 3 I started feeling a sense of neglect when I stuck with one too long. At 3 I feel I can still play each of them enough so I don't feel bad about spending so much money on something that gets ignored or barely played. I'll soon have 4 but I went into the last purchase knowing that I would be selling one that I already had. Maybe I learned a lesson from my razor experience - simplify and keep things reasonable and manageable.

Shavemyface site, it is older and more older knowledgeable guys too, though many are in both sites. One day I predict you will also limit yourself just to one DE. Myself I have even gone back to canned foam or gel. My 3 brushes and soaps are also just waiting that day when no canned goo available ;)

Yes I think you learned same as me and yes it was much cheaper that little RAS than UAS I don't think getting. I have my guitars, 3, so I think staying at a reentrant uke. But who knows the future. Ukuleles are so beautiful also.

These days I mainly play my uke, but a guitarist needed to have a classical, electric and acoustic ones. Glad I did not get into some guitar forum or rather they did not exist when I got those I have. Now I am a member too to my language local site that is translated "musiciansnet", the guitar part is the most popular of instruments. But I feel have grown up and not anymore in acquisition syndrom danger :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom