Living Waters

Darylmesa

Reaction score
I just wanted to put this out there that Living Waters makes amazing strings!!! I recently ordered a set of custom tenor strings (dGBE) and soprano strings and they are great. Wonderful intonation and very harmonious!!!!

Daryl

I have to try these. They have been on my list for a long time. I will just have to order soon.
Thanks
MT

They're very good strings. I use them all the time on one of my ukes. My other uke is still trying to decide which strings it likes best but it may well end up with LWs as well.

How do you like the tenor dGBE set? How's the tension for example - low, high, medium?

Let me clarify...are the tenor and soprano dGBE, or just the tenor?

It makes me wonder how a tenor sounds tuned down a fourth. I know there is a fellow on YouTube that has been experimenting with low tuning on a Aklot tenor.

Yep, got them on all my good ukes, I use the concert low G sets on both tenor & concert scales. :)

@Choirguy
Whilst not using LW strings, having a tenor tuned DGBE has to be tried, they sound very close to a bari, (I also tried it on a concert, turned out quite nice).

LW are my first choice strings followed by Worth Clear.

Excellent strings but also the fact that Ken Middleton will produce custom sets at a reasonable price. When I wanted to restring my 6 string he provided the combination I wanted and even included a double length high C string as they are very fine. I was also impressed by his prompt service.

A winning combination. Quality strings and quality service.

LW are my first choice strings followed by Worth Clear.

Excellent strings but also the fact that Ken Middleton will produce custom sets at a reasonable price. When I wanted to restring my 6 string he provided the combination I wanted and even included a double length high C string as they are very fine. I was also impressed by his prompt service.

A winning combination. Quality strings and quality service.

I'll echo that - Ken is great to deal with. I've bought odd strings from him as I've constructed Frankenstring sets in the past and he's always been really accommodating.

The only place I can find LW strings here in US is Uke republic, but the choices of LW strings are limited? Any one knows where else in US I can find LW strings?

I have 2 of mine strung with LW and love the sounds, would like to experiment more with different tunings.

I bought a baritone string set from Ken directly.
It's pretty cool getting international mail.
I liked doing business with him, he shipped quickly and added a nice little note in hand writting.
It was a lovely personal touch.

I liked doing business with him, he shipped quickly and added a nice little note in hand writting.

G or C tuning with the Baritone Strings. I've been playing the Low G, C tuning. They sound great on my baritone.

G or C tuning with the Baritone Strings. I've been playing the Low G, C tuning. They sound great on my baritone.
Standard g tuning, but I haven't put them on yet.
I'm happy enough with the super nygut stock strings and
I'm cheap. So I'll try them when the nygut wears out.

I took you advise and it was easy. Thanks.

The tension feels normal like a set if gcea on my concert. Not floppy in slightest!!!! 😍

The only place I can find LW strings here in US is Uke republic, but the choices of LW strings are limited? Any one knows where else in US I can find LW strings?

I have 2 of mine strung with LW and love the sounds, would like to experiment more with different tunings.

I ordered from him directly, if you cannot find the set you are looking for you can send him a message direct and he responds rather quickly. For example the tenor strings I ordered are not listed. They are actually tenor custom strings. He mails directly internationally. I live in France and he is in England

Just want to reiterate how easy it is to order directly from him, don't remember exactly how long it took to get here to the states. But it didn't seem much longer than from a few states away. And I like the fact that I'm directly supporting a nice guy's small business.

Top Bottom