Song Help Request Vincent (Don McLean) - Beginner... different key!?!

jhrohrig

Reaction score
I am trying to create a version of Vincent by Don McClean that I can sing. I am a beginner (I've had my uke just over a year) and my music theory is weak.

All the versions I can find seem to be in the key of G? I am trying to transpose it into C (I think)? I used a tool to transpose it into a higher singing register (I can't sing the original a whole octave up)...

So here is what I have so far. I am struggling with the yellow part (do I really need all those chord changes in there? Which one is the best for the center part?). Also the pink part... it is just still awkward and I'm not sure it ran through the transposing tool effectively.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MEBLyKJ4OM0y8QxgyDxg4TOgacved4I3-k7YefjeUB8/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you for any help.

-Jessie, teacher from Oregon

Thanks people! I am using the first link. I had used a set of chords in G from a guitar/uke tool that had transposing... but the transposition was a little awkward. This is very helpful and I appreciate it all! I will work on it some over the weekend and see how it goes, whether or not I need further help.

Cheers.
-Jessie

Top Bottom