Library Uke Class (in Austin, TX) Got Me Here...

rob g.

Reaction score
Saw a notice for free ukulele classes in the local library, starting in January 2018. This is Austin, and figured I needed to learn to play in case I wasn't weird enough yet. Got a soprano at the music shop for Christmas and began class three weeks later.

Three weeks after that I was looking for, (and then bought) a concert ukulele... yes, it was the dreaded UAS already. Ukulele websites should post more obvious warnings about the highly addictive properties of this seemingly innocent little musical instrument!

They lure you in with free lessons like pushers on the streets. Innocent enough. Then Bam! You’re three sheets into Earth, Wind & Fire with more ukes than you remember and thirty packs of strings. Welcome to the forum where you will be properly enabled.

yes indeed, welcome to UU, and if you wanna resist UAS, you are in the wrong place! lol! the number of times i've seen someone here with a great uke and then gone and bought the same thing or something similar................ it's dangerous here, but it's great!! :music:

Welcome to the forums!! It's a wicked web weaved.

Welcome, tor the forum.
Great introduction!

Thank you all for your welcome! Ukuleles are amazing, aren't they?

Hi there and Welcome to UU :)

Top Bottom