Early morning silliness...

S11LKO

Reaction score
Done before my brain woke up and realised what I was doing in order to stop me...

Another excellent rib tickler, if anything even better than the previous offering; it’s a puzzle to me why no other comments though. Could there be anti Guitar prejudice here? Use your Uke next time around?

Last edited:
lol Thanks Graham. I never HAVE had that many comments on what I post - good or bad - in this guitar section. There are three or four of you who regularly interact with me when I post here and that’s really appreciated and fun. Whenever I visit the site it shows me one or two people looking at the guitar threads, but many more looking at the uke ones. On first joining this site, I posted a vid of the first ever open mic song I did with my uke a few days after buying it (I’d never played one before) and it did get a few more comments.

You should be able to see it on the following link if I’ve got it right:

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...6-My-first-ever-go-on-a-UKE!&highlight=s11lko

Serendipity is a funny thing. Not half an hour ago I was practicing that very same song and working on moving to and from the Cdim chord in the version that I play.

I’m a lover of the Uke my self, but hold the view that’s is really a form of Guitar and that the Guitar has and has had many forms and variations. Whatever, I’m glad of the inclusiveness of the forum and listening to six strings has value.

It would still be nice if folk commented a bit more, but then I don’t see that on the Seasons stuff so perhaps a lack of comment is normal. I guess so long as you’re happy with the level of comment then all is good.

Last edited:
I just enjoy both what I do Graham my friend, AND watching performances others post. I often leave comment if I’ve enjoyed something because I believe such responses are encouraging, but I suppose it’s each to their own. Perhaps I don’t get much comment from those who look at my postings because their mothers taught them good standards, i.e. “If you haven’t anything NICE to say, then don’t say anything at all!” lol x

I also noticed that the Guitar sub-forum is not very popular. Its understandable being a ukulele forum. Guitar is my first love and that is why I visit this sub-forum.

Dave: you sang this one with a very heavy British accent and I couldn't catch the very last line of the song, which was the punch line. I even replayed it again , and still couldn't catch the punch line. What was it that you said? I love the sound of your 12-string.

regards
Luke

...and he’s there doing to my wife what I’m doing to his pub.”

Catchy tune and lyrics. Always enjoy these, but now I’m in the midst of kicking the throat thing that’s going around.
Peace

Haha! Funny How accents can throw us isn’t it? I have a friend in Glasgow who has a broad Glaswegian accent, and it took me three weeks before I could understand a word he was saying!!
Yup! ‘Mr Train’ is quite right - “He’s there, doing to MY wife, what I’M doing, to HIS pub!”
I truly hope you can throw this ‘throat thing’ quickly my friend. As you know, mine has been hanging around for weeks!!!
Luv n stuff to all.
Regards, Dave x

S11, you could be playing a washtub bass and I'd still watch your videos. Boy, those old EKO 12 strings weighed a ton and pressing down those strings old style strings was really something. I bought one while stationed in Heidelberg, Germany back in '68.

Thanks for your kind comments Patrick. I love her. She’s been with me nearly 50 years and I’d never get rid of her. She DOES take some effort to control but I’ve sort’ve got used to it over the years. When I switch to the much lighter strung/action Strat I treated myself to not long ago, I have trouble keeping it under control as I press and bend far too hard. lol

Top Bottom