Imua Soprano For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shastastan

Reaction score
Sold, Sold, Sold. I just packaged it up and plan on shipping tomorrow after I receive the funds. Thanks to all for their interest.

Time for me to sell my Imua soprano that never gets played. I bought it from Scotty’s, in Kalaheo, Kauai, in 2014 while on vacation. It was an impulse purchase and I just have never used it. Don’t even know why I wanted a soprano either. Please see pics. It comes with a uke crazy semi-hard case. It’s an iS, #310. To me, it has a nice resonance. The wood is koa and it’s very light weight. Not sure about the strings, but could be Orcas? I paid $600 out the door, but am selling it for $295. PM me for further info. I use PayPal. Sorry no foreign orders. Thanks for looking.
imua1 2018.jpgimua2 2018.jpgimua3 2018.jpgimua4 2018.jpg

Last edited:
When you say "no foreign orders" it is also helpful to mention what country you are in.

When you say "no foreign orders" it is also helpful to mention what country you are in.

According to the information in the upper right corner of the first post, he's in California. (USA)

According to the information in the upper right corner of the first post, he's in California. (USA)

Ah, I was looking for that. I figured the info must be somewhere, but I'm a bit blind today. Carry on :)

This is a really good deal.
I actually have the bigger sister in a concert, #321 - prob same batch.
Nicely made: MOP fret markers both on side and frets, wonderful dark rich koa. Tone is killer on my little (smaller than average but still 14 frets to the body) concert: chimey with huge sustain .
And the minimalist logo (like it better than Imua's new one) is just so cool!
If I didn't have koa ukes coming out my ears (haven't been able to decide what to part with), I'd nab this one!

Sorry, Robin, my bad. I'm an old geezer and sometimes forget how much the world has been shrunk by the internet. The uke and I are in the USA, zip code 96001.

More Info

Please bear with me. I didn't include all the info I should have in the first post as I have learned from the pms received. The neck and body wood parts look very close in color, but I can't really say if the neck may be some other kind of wood. All the mahogany that I've seen is darker. Not sure that imua's were ever made with koa necks though. This uke has geared tuners. The nut is 36mm. There are no dings or scratches since the uke has been setting in the case since I was in Kauai.

I'm located in zip code 96001. The reason that I'm not doing foreign transactions is that the USA has too many complicated custom rules and forms that I know nothing about. I apologize for my lack of knowledge in this area.

Stan - is the pretty uke you have for sale actually a long-neck soprano? I counted more frets than on my soprano...

Not Stan, but it is a regular soprano and yes they are friction tuners. Looks the same as my wife's except that the pictures don't show a glossy finish.

Not Stan, but it is a regular soprano and yes they are friction tuners. Looks the same as my wife's except that the pictures don't show a glossy finish.

So Rob has a good question, if there are 14 frets to the body here is it smaller bodied relative to other brands?
What's the scale length?

Last edited:
This is a really good deal.
I actually have the bigger sister in a concert, #321 - prob same batch.
Nicely made: MOP fret markers both on side and frets, wonderful dark rich koa. Tone is killer on my little (smaller than average but still 14 frets to the body) concert: chimey with huge sustain .
And the minimalist logo (like it better than Imua's new one) is just so cool!
If I didn't have koa ukes coming out my ears (haven't been able to decide what to part with), I'd nab this one!

I have concert #0328. Really nice instrument. Yes, I prefer the older headstock logo too. Small for a concert, but a big voice. If you can't find ORCAS strings, try Fremont Blacklines. Very similar and will preserve the uke's original voice.

I sent you a PM some hours ago, and if this is still available, will you please contact me?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom