Season 315: Choose Your Own Adventure!

Crypto Steem

Pondering the cryptocurrency Steem, and the upvote system on Dtube
and wondering how fame can come to someone who wants to remain
anonymous.
Warhol said in the future everybody would be famous for 15 minutes
Banksy said in the future everybody would be anonymous for 15 minutes.
What would you choose?

Some serious fun.

Last edited:
Did your video load right? I'm only seeing a 14-second clip that ends mid-word.

No, it did not. Thanks Jim. I think this should take care of it...

The full version of this still doesn’t make up for playing one of the deepest burrowing ear worms in musical history though.

Public Warning from the CDC

OneRepublic delivered this funny song on the Jimmy Kimmel Show.
The CDC suggests a good 20 second handwashing.
Learn this one and you'll be safe :)

I am always a bit jealous of Myrna with her snowy backgrounds, so I thought I'd have a go.

This is my Wednesday funny song, although whether the humour will travel well around the world, I'm not so sure. It was a hit in 1980 for Chas & Dave, a duo who have made a good career out of their jokey cockney knees-up style of music.
A couple of explanatory points for those outside these shores - In the Oxford Dictionary, one of the definitions of "Rabbit" is Verb, British Informal, "A conversation" (actually derived from Cockney rhyming slang, Rabbit & Pork = Talk). Also, Sainsburys is a slightly up-market supermarket chain. If they were writing this today it would probably be replaced with Waitrose. Anyway, English lesson over...

I've been waiting for today to do my "funny" song. This is a tune I've been working on with our local uke group. I have added a little run down and a key change for each verse so it is really fun to perform. I have also added an additional 4th verse to get our local community mentioned in the song. We live in an area called the Quad Cities, one of which is Rock Island, Illinois. This one was chosen mostly because it matched well with the meter of the song. So anyway, here ya go, in 4 different keys, Mention My Name in Sheboygan!

Ok, I believe I am finally caught up. You guys are bringing the songs in quantity AND quality. By my count, we have 88 songs so far. This is only my second season to host, but it seems like that is a lot for 3 days. Keep them coming. I am really enjoying myself over here.

Last edited:
Here's a really funny comedy song, I think so anyhow, with an obvious nod to the King of Pop, who's one of the choices available tomorrow. In the meantime, feast your eyes and ears on this........

A funny song based on a real character miss lilly pinkham who concocted some medicinal elixir

Prumpulagið - The Farting Song

I asked my significant other what funny song I should try and play today and all the songs she mentioned were Icelandic songs.
So, here is Prumpulagið (The Farting Song); to which I added subtitles - then in the final chorus I got a little extra help.
Thanks for this fun season and enjoy.

It seems like I have broken my Ukulele levee, I just can't stop partaking in this season thing. This is very motivating for me to improve and expand my playing.
Here is my third entry of the day; Monty Python's "The Galaxy Song"

The Dubliners normally included a couple of instrumental sets on their albums. Mostly Irish Jigs and Reels most of which I don't know as I mostly play English tunes... Er... Jigs and Reels. Well Jigs, Polkas and Hornpipes :) :music:

Not all, though. They included this tune on one album. It was written by a 17th century Irish Harpist called Turlough O'Carolan. He went blind at the age of 18 and his Landlady paid for him to be trained to play harp so he had a means of earning a living. By all accounts he was a competent but not particularly good harpist but he did find a flair for composition and left a legacy of wonderful tunes. Many of his tunes are titled "Planxty" followed by a name which basically means "In honour of..."

Tenor Recorder, Diatonic Harmonica in G and Tenor Ukulele

The photos are of the North Coast of Ireland when we went to Northern Ireland about 10 years ago.

Last edited:
Sorry this is a day early for instrumentals, but Im going to be busy for the rest of the week, and wanted to get this in.

Forever Young - Alphaville

I thought I'd try to find a parody that had music I was already familiar with. So here's one that you might like since it's about Alan Jackson. A parody of "Jackson." A funny song for Wednesday. This is supposed to be a male/female duet, so I had to change some of the lyrics.

Top Bottom