Season 315: Choose Your Own Adventure!

D6FF599A-3DDF-409D-A602-5DEF03E5487A.jpg

We did it guys! A 200+ song season. This has been something special, at least for me. I’ll be catching up on the latest songs soon. Thanks!

Well, wow what a Season, this has been a roller coaster brillo pads of a week ...all the different choices ,genres and links to new bands . Thanks Benji,you got the 200 Spot on. I am pooped but pleased to have participated. Just one thing I want to share with you all, on the day that Weezer was a choice I looked at some You Tubes , and ,werll..not really my cup of tea , however one memorable song was " Island in The sun " ,the song is a nice catchy one , but the vid has to be the best ever vid if you enjoy being around animals !! On face value the Weezers looked to be having a fine old time !! So I'll just leave this here while my last one is uploading...and the mysterious and totally infuriating curse of the video/audio synch on my computer has returned yet again !!

Last one from me for this supoib week...greatly stretched and drastically improved my multi tracking
...even if only by learning some patience and assigning parts to instruments instead of the usual slung
together mish mash.... I rather like this one....even if the audio video/ synch problem that comes and
goes came again....don't look to hard at the vid and you may get through it.

OK. Final entry this week. Since we've exceeded 200, and no one's done this Rutles number, I'll take it for the team.

Things that stick in your brain when you get older ...

In 1977, Eric Idle hosted 'Saturday Night Live," about a year after The Rutles short debuted on the show and not long after the movie aired on NBC (in prime time!). Neil Innes made a couple of appearances in the episode as a musical guest, doing "Shangri-La" with a string ensemble. And playing this. Dressed in a white suit (if I recall), wearing a long brown wig and fake beard and playing a white grand piano. Introduced as "the Rutle who lives in New York." I wonder how many of the partly stoned audience thought they really were seeing and hearing John Lennon.

Oh well, here's my lame version of the song he did. You can sing along if you dare.

P.S. it really was the trousers.

What a great week, Martins!

Last edited:
Great fun this week sir Benji! I leave you with this...

Thanks for the smiles mate. This was a fun one for sure

Congratulations Benji on hitting well over 200 vids. I knew you would at mid week. This was a terrific and fun season to be involved with. I loved the idea of giving us a different assignment everyday but with lots to choose from.

You raised the roof!

well pa trying to sing this hymn was just a recipe for a whole lot of swearing. While I didn't actually learn any new cuss words I did try out several new combinations .... sheesh...
obviously my first take rule went out the window.

Ok, that’s all, folks. Season 315 is officially closed. Thanks for a Season I’ll always remember, guys. I’ll be doing a wrap up very soon. In the meantime, let’s have a little trivia/scavenger hunt. I have two questions.

1. There were two artists in the options who were not covered this week can anyone tell me which ones?

2. Can anyone name the song I was playing in the intro video?

First person to give me both answers will be declared the awesomest at answering questions.

Go sing some sea shanties, guys!

I don't know the name of the song, but it's one of those songs you get in a beginner guitar lesson book , you know one of those songs you always wonder why you're spending your time practicing instead of something you actually want to play.

Sugar Ray and Outkast

I hummed your song into some song recognition thing with no satisfactory result - probably my humming.

Pa wins half of the Awesomest at Answering Questions title.

The other half will probably go to someone familiar with video game tunes.

Top Bottom