Season 315: Choose Your Own Adventure!

Backstreet. In, both feet. Shania...hard no (even though banging out how much I feel like a woman does kind of appeal to me). Anyway- more of the same, for old times sake. Played this one for at least 10 seasons.
Whiskey in the Jar, with crazy dog accompaniment.

Not a happy bunny ,plagued once more with dysfunctional audio and video synchronicity. Cobbled this together to keep up with the season Tomorrow , will probably just give the computer a right good kicking.

For the 'funny song' category. Actually, Mr. Martin, I think you like Shel Silverstein so I exploited that. Words by Shel, recorded by Johnny.

homemade song

inspired by the fact that, as you probably saw in york steve's snowy backdrop a few posts back, here in the UK we're having a bit more snow than you might expect for the time of year

No amount of Beatles, no matter how well played (which means not played by me), can make up for this Disney song. Forgive me.

It occurred to me today that I meant to say this yesterday when I posted this. As annoying as this song can be (and it can be annoying), I don’t disagree with the sentiment, which we are reminded of here in the Seasons every week. Thanks to all of you who make this little community, which does make the world seem so much smaller, what it is.

A short sweet instrumental for a Thursday. Si Beag, Si Mor (pronounced I think Sheebeg, Sheemor) is attributed to blind Irish Harpist, Turlough O’Carolan. I learned to play this on guitar in drop D tuning, Duck Baker’s arrangement, so it needed a bit of rethinking to transfer to uke. I tried on bari, but the notes seem to ring out better on a smaller uke in re-entrant. Sure I read that Si Beag, Si Mor means big mountain, little mountain but I could possibly be wrong.

Thursday instrumental day my arrangement of Stephen Sondheim's beautiful song

For instrumental Thursday, I'd like to play an arrangement by Tony Mizen of John Dowland's lute piece Tarleton's Resurrection.
Dowland wrote Tarleton’s Resurrection in homage to Richard Tarleton, who was a comedian and actor at the end of the 16th century. Tarleton was Queen Elizabeth’s favorite clown, perhaps specifically for his performance of impromptu doggerel, which according to Merriam-Webster is verse that is “loosely styled and irregular in measure especially for burlesque or comic effect, also: marked by triviality or inferiority.”

Ahoy all.
Today's submission is Michael Jackson's "Dirty Diana"
Have a nice day

I've finally caught up. You guys are slaying it. At the moment, I believe we have 117 songs submitted so far. Tremendous. Ok Update to the challenge this week. If anyone can bring a passable English translation of "The Farting Song", you are welcome to play it any day :)

My version of All of Me played on an A D F # B tuned Ohana CK-10 S
concert . I never play it the same way twice lol......it's because I just follow the chords and play the choon that I hear in my head...which is a strange place sometimes !...

Is anybody experiencing sync problems with youtube uploads at the moment?
Video not keeping up with audio... like in the instrumental I uploaded?
It is only supposed to be 1:18 long but somebody reported it starts at 1:18 and goes up to 2:31
Really weird.

Last edited:
Top Bottom