Season 315: Choose Your Own Adventure!

Is anybody experiencing sync problems with youtube uploads at the moment?
Video not keeping up with audio... like in the instrumental I uploaded?
It is only supposed to be 1:18 long but somebody reported it starts at 1:18 and goes up to 2:31
Really weird.

I've been having a lot of trouble with it too, over the last few days, with my videos and with watching others. What I've found, though, is that it is a YouTube app problem. The videos play fine from the website or from this forum, but not within the YouTube app. Hopefully, they'll get it sorted out soon.

Thanks for the freedom of this week.

I haven't had time for anything for months, but found a little time to sit in front of my computer today and was glad to see that I could just doodle a bit and still participate.

I've been having a lot of trouble with it too, over the last few days, with my videos and with watching others. What I've found, though, is that it is a YouTube app problem. The videos play fine from the website or from this forum, but not within the YouTube app. Hopefully, they'll get it sorted out soon.

I'm having the same issue too, but also on this forum and on Youtube itself, oddly though some videos play just fine while others, including mine, play for 10 seconds or so and stop, then end up out of sync, and the time is way longer than the video actually is. Also odd I can play mine just fine in the edit section, but the regular URL of mine I can't. I've cleaned my cache and cookies, my watch history, restarted my router. Pretty sure this is something wonky on You Tube's end.

I recorded this song yesterday, then deleted it when I was having issues with playback, and all kinds of weirdness with You Tube, which is still the case here. So I rerecorded it again today, hopefully some you can view it.

I have been very busy this week, finishing my contributions to FAWM - I managed to write 18 songs in February - but Brian (Pabrizzer) knocked that into a top hat with his contributions.

Anyway my inspiration is the title of this week's Season. So without further ado, here is:

Have had some trouble. Played back better here than it did on YouTube which took so long I gave up and came back here. Therefore not as many comments as I usually manage.
Haven't been commenting as much as I used to but watch at least a little of almost all videos.

Spoke too soon. Buffering really bad today. Heading out will check back and bring my Friday song when I get back.

Last edited:
Greetings,

I have missed so much! No vid watching, no vid recording, I am going nuts. But alas, I think some free time is coming my way so will try something...anything....to get back to my uke.

Ciao

I'm having the same issue too, but also on this forum and on Youtube itself, oddly though some videos play just fine while others, including mine, play for 10 seconds or so and stop, then end up out of sync, and the time is way longer than the video actually is. Also odd I can play mine just fine in the edit section, but the regular URL of mine I can't. I've cleaned my cache and cookies, my watch history, restarted my router. Pretty sure this is something wonky on You Tube's end.

So I am not going mad. I am having issues no matter what browser I use or whether the playback is
on my phone using the youtube app or on my laptop with the following browsers Chrome, Opera, or safari
I sent them some feedback (It was difficult to find how to do that it is hidden away in the My account section)
but I have not heard back from them and I doubt that I will.

P.S. Just found a simple way to send feedback. Click on your avatar in youtube and at the bottom of the popup
there is an option to send feedback with a screenshot... Try that if you are having troubles.

Last edited:
So I am not going mad. I am having issues no matter what browser I use or whether the playback is
on my phone using the youtube app or on my laptop with the following browsers Chrome, Opera, or safari
I sent them some feedback (It was difficult to find how to do that it is hidden away in the My account section)
but I have not heard back from them and I doubt that I will.

Well,to be fair Rob ,you probably actually ARE still going mad, but totally independently of YouTube's imbroglios and inadequacies. I'm off to talk to the snowman now ,he's asked the Man in the Moon over for snow cones (never have a yellow one) and single malt whisky chasers....Wibble.:nana:

GCEA tuned Concert Braunschweig and an EEA tuned Balalaika...which is half a uke and an extra E......by gum !!! A jammed version of a favourite Russian tune of mine......and Ukrainian as well probably.....I really have no idea what I am doing......Nor where I am doing it....:drool:

Instrumental Thursday
Self penned slow air followed by a jig from the 18th century. Wood Nunrich Fair was published in in Glasgow in about 1780.

Played on tenor then soprano recorder with baritone uke accompaniment.

The pictures are of some of quilts from quilt shows I've been to with my wife over the years.

Raucous , tuneless , loose as a f...er goose . Just what I do best...or actually worst......This is Late due to techernickle malfunctions that have resolved themselves...Gods only knows how !! But I think that as the Dubliners day has passed then I may ...and I also claim Thornton Rule....

It starts off well ( ish ) and then...well just gets pissed !!!

OOOps !!

Last edited:
Yeah...right. I’m gonna play an instrumental.
Nope.
Ashamed to admit I play this ALL THE TIME because it amuses the small
People I work for greatly.

I wasn’t going to play a song tonight, but TCK looked like he was having so much fun, and I wanted in on it. I got lost in the 2nd verse but didn’t care enough to do a retake.

Get some sleep, Seasonistas. Tomorrow is FRIDAY.

I may arrive later with an original song about what I think of the songs you gave us to sing on Friday Benji.
On second thoughts if I leave out the swearing it wouldn't have any lyrics at all.......

Here's one I never thought I'd be trying, though I've always liked it. Didn't work a great deal on this, but it was fun to attempt.

I'll fly away

A video in which I sport my Kung Fu flyaway hairstyle.
This is for the Sunday hymn session since I won't have a chance
to do Friday and Saturday. So I am getting in early, before
someone else claims it.

Top Bottom