Season 315: Choose Your Own Adventure!

I'm gonna be open and honest here. Robbie Williams is the reason I love this song. He released an album of Big Band standards back in the early 2000s that my mum had on repeat and I honestly love it.

It also appears on the Fallout New Vegas opening sequence and soundtrack. Which always puts a smile on my face.

I also broke it out on a post-christmas do pub crawl karaoke session, impressing the person I was with who was hamming up a bunch of show tunes. It's now my go-to karaoke song because they see a scruffy git, normally in a rock band t-shirt, and get gobsmacked when I belt out some jazz.

And to top off my love affair with the song, my wife got me a record player for our anniversary last year, so my Granny took me the opportunity to get me some records she thought I would like for Christmas. Included was a Rat Pack compilation and my attention was obviously drawn straight to this.

What I'm trying to say is trying this out on uke is long overdue. I only wish I could stop concentrating on the riff long enough to give it some welly at the end.

It's Dean Martin of course.

Broadway songs? I completely forgot that I was in a high school musical ... and the show was on Broadway! (for six months)

Here's my favorite song from the show, and not just because I sang it back then and can strum it on the uke today.

I really like the Ramones, and some other punk too, but I rarely try to cover anything like this because I know that's not where my aptitude is.

Well done Alan.

Another Ramona’s tune, though I don’t expect much help from the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Let’s just keep the RAMONES going. No secret...my favorite band. EVER. It’s like BEV and T-Rex, but I will try and keep it down to a dull roar this evening.
First up, R.A.M.O.N.E.S

And well, the only promise I can make is that I will play only Ramones songs I have not done before. Here is a song they made the last time a President aroised the contempt of the punk rock community. It is also about a former President who was upstaged by a chimpanzee...we all thought that was a bad as it would ever get.
Bonzo Goes To Bitburg

The Ramones were the low hanging fruit today and I wanted to do something that would be hard for me. It was. I confess we are all Hamiltonians in the Martin household.

Last edited:
Ok, after TCK’s last song, I have no choice but to call it a night. My laughter has completely worn me out. We had a great day. Lots of Ramones, lots of Broadway, and some Rat Pack songs. There were also two very special Backstreet Boys covers. :rotfl:

My Monday submission. Wish I could have spent more time learning/recording this one, but it was a lot of fun :) It's a Sammy Davis Jr. song. I really enjoyed exploring old Rat Pack videos in search of one to learn and play.

Last edited:
Top Bottom