Season 315: Choose Your Own Adventure!

Here's my Saturday free play. Would have liked to have got more done this week but the weather's led to some very long days for me

Anyway. I love Johnny Marr's guitar work. So creative and innovative, makes a simple progression sound so unique. So in the spirit I put my uke in open E (EBEG#), and had a mess around. Led to me figuring out a couple of cool fingerings for some of the chords instead of just barring the whole way.

It's Saturday, and it's Freeplay day. Or as Eddie & The HotRods would say...

Last edited:
Anyone else having trouble with the BoobToob known as You Tube ? I keep getting "Comment Failed to post " error message. It really hacks me off !! So I'm listening but can't always get a comment to stick !!

Hey Seasonistas. I’m caught up on Friday’s videos, but for some reason YouTube isn’t letting me comment at the moment. I’ll try again in a bit. Thanks for making Friday wonderful guys. You were all wonderful sports. Now, as a reward, it’s free play Saturday. Play whatever you want. Get in that song you’ve been wanting to do. Have fun!

Anyone else having trouble with the BoobToob known as You Tube ? I keep getting "Comment Failed to post " error message. It really hacks me off !! So I'm listening but can't always get a comment to stick !!

It was giving me the same message, but now it seems to be working.

For the Free Play I chose an Adventure in old Russia. Dark Eyes played on my domra with chords on my Noah Monkeypod Soprano Ukulele.

I've been reading Trouble Boys, a biography of Minneapolis rockers the Replacements. Here's one of their tunes for free play Saturday.

Saturday Free Play so I've done another instrumental. Two waltzes: Midnight on the Water and Margaret's Waltz. For the video, I played with some of the effects in my graphics software.

Here’s the Saturday morning free play from the Martins. There was a lot that I screwed up, vocally, but we only had time for one take.

For today I recorded two songs from a Norwegian childrens play by Thorbjorn Egner. I do not know the English name of the play nor the English/Norwegian names of these songs...
The play is about animals in the wood and how they are getting along. The first song is a wolf/fox singing about wanting to catch and eat mice and the other one is a mouse tricking the wolf by telling him a story.
You can read about some of this here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorbjørn_Egner

This is my entry for the week. It was recorded by the Dubliners and is a hymn.

It's open play day, and while tomorrow is "hymn" day, today also would have been Doc Watson's 95th birthday. It turns out that this is the final song he performed in public, just a few weeks before his death. He did it at Merlefest, the festival named in honor of his late son Merle. I didn't see this performance, but we were at the festival and saw him that weekend. We miss you, Doc!

Ahoy
I decided to record and upload The Wind Cries Mary right before dinner. Looking forwards to tomorrow's hymns (though I am not sure what to do since Iceland is not a very hymn-y place...but I'll think of something)

Top Bottom