Season 315: Choose Your Own Adventure!

Every day I am amazed at how little I know! How can it be that I have never heard of the singer nor the song that has a billion views on youtube?

I envy you. The guy who did the rap break in this...[cough] "song" is a kind of shady producer who had this deal, maybe he still does, where rich people could pay him like $10,000 and he would put their kid in a music video. So he came up with these "songs" that had minimal, intensely repeated lyrics and little to no melody, and used wall-to-wall autotune but were as polished as a shiny new marble. Another infamous video he made for a different girl is called "My Jeans." Look that one up if you dare, it's worse than "Friday."

Rebecca Black made a sequel video two years later (not with that guy) called "Saturday," in which she makes fun of the insipid lyrics of "Friday."

Good Lord! Thanks for sparing us :)

The real shame is that she can actually sing without autotune, and yet they still insist on using it. Autotune literally makes me feel nauseated. It's like someone turns on the vertigo switch in my head and I just get sick to my stomach.

The day isn’t over, but it done for me. Great first day, Seasonistas. All four options for the first Sunday were chosen, (if you count the Martin’s butchering of Mariah Carey) and they were great. Pa opened up our Monday options with a terrific broadway tune. I can’t wait to see what else you guys bring. You’ve made some smile a lot today.

Monday and it's the Rat Pack. This is one of my favorite Dean Martin songs.

Monday - Broadway tunes.
Does Off-Broadway count? "Cagney" was a very successful off Broadway show that played a total of 502 performances (April 2016 - May 2017). It is said that it will return to Broadway.

Here's my Monday entry. I've always liked Sammy Davis Jr, and I've always liked this song. I didn't have enough time to get a perfect take, and sort of did this "My way" anyhow, Rat Pack pun intended. Had fun trying this one.

Here's my Monday tune, and it's The Ramones. The photo behind me (signed by the band) was rescued from the office wall of The Palms club, Milwaukee, where they played on Nov 30, 1979. Anybody go?

For Monday's entry, a Broadway song - "Second Hand Rose". (Hope to bring something for Saturday, Benji, but need to stop now as I'm running out of "air time", till the Internet allowance reboots on the 5th March.)

This is from Willy Russell’s musical Blood Brothers, which (I checked just in case) has been on Broadway. I saw this a long while back somewhere in the West End, and I’m as certain as I can be, that the wonderful Kiki Dee was playing the mum who sings this extremely poignant tune. Incidentally , the equally wonderful Sarah Lancashire ex of Corrie, now seen in the Yorkshire based mirth fest, Happy Valley, played the girl the two lads clash over.

Incidentally, if you would like to hear how this song should be sung, it doesn’t get any better than this really...

https://youtu.be/LyeVp36gDB0

Last edited:
Season 315 here's my entry for Monday. This is the song that made me want a uke. I found Gus and Fin on youtube one day thrashing this song out on ukes and thought how cool a ukulele would be :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom