Season 315: Choose Your Own Adventure!

I was going to do this one for the 'TV Theme' one last Sunday but it didn't quite happen (things a bit manic recently >.<) so doing it now instead...

One of my favourite TV theme songs ever for a British Comedy series called Detectorists.

Also segues quite nicely into S316 actually because the second verse is about the sea.

Sparky

Yay! I found some more time. Life is getting back to normal.

Sorry for the outfit. I just left my other passion (BJJ) and saw I had time to play today.

(Someone asked what BJJ was, so I'll explain. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is a martial art derived from Japanese judo, combined with wrestling and other martial arts and then modified by the tenacious Brazilians for decades. The first Ultimate Fighting Championship or UFC was basically a commercial for BJJ, as the Gracie family, founders of the art, put on that competition to showcase BJJ and introduce it to a new market, the U.S.)

I'm combining free play today and the hymn for tomorrow with a little "It is well with my soul" instrumental I played for church band a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
Saturday Free Play...this one is as simple as a knife and fork....or is that me ?

I never intended to bring a saturday song but after my rave review of my Friday by Rebecca Black, I thought Id bring some more of her fabulous work!

This ones for you Benji. I hope its not too painful. ;)

Here's my first "Free Play" song, Southern Cross, by Jim Stewart. This isn't the Crosby Stills and Nash song; it's another one with the same name, a folk lullaby about a ship. I tried to recreate the beautiful harp playing that's on the original recording. Hope you enjoy.
Lyrics: http://www.timberheadmusic.com/disc/southerncross.htm

Last edited:
Another TV theme. Another Drew Carey Show theme (season 1 ... not up to trying "Cleveland Rocks" just yet).

A couple of times a year we get pierogies from a deli in Parma, Ohio. Long story short: They're from a church fundraiser. They're amazing.

This is a fun song, too.

This is a song I heard for the first time this week on the Cowtrails podcast. For Saturday--free play. I let my native accent come out a little for this one.

This one is by my favorite band who I have never done a ukulele cover of. They play a lot of sharps and flats that are beyond my skills. I’ve wanted to do this song for a while, and Saturday free play is a great excuse for playing it.

So, as I wat he’s this after the upload, I could not help but notice the first video that pops up as a suggestion is a PSA called “Catheter Cowboy.” For som reason I can’t stop laughing.
Any- some Thin Lizzy for ya

And Melissa wanted in on the fun...she has been a rare sight for a while.
Little Frank Turner song for ya

I was sitting here thinking, “There’s only two hours left in free play day and I haven’t played any Blink 182.” So I decided to do something about it.

"Ten thousand screaming fans awaited The Rutles at Kennedy Airport! Unfortunately, The Rutles arrived at LaGuardia."

Here's a Frank Turner Hymn for Sunday.

Yes - that lightning bolt at the end reminded me of a joke.

The local pastor was playing golf with a non believing friend.
The friend continually swore and blasphemed when he missed a shot.
The pastor kept warning him he was at risk of God's wrath if he continued his blasphemy.
At the green on the 18th hole the friend was standing near the pastor and was blaspheming badly after he missed a close putt.
A bolt of lightning came down and struck the pastor, killing him instantly.
From the heavens came a loud voice saying, "Swear, swear, swear etc, etc, MISSED!"

Last edited:
Top Bottom