Season 315: Choose Your Own Adventure!

I don't know the name of the song, but it's one of those songs you get in a beginner guitar lesson book , you know one of those songs you always wonder why you're spending your time practicing instead of something you actually want to play.

Haha. It does sound like one of those songs, doesn’t it?

Ok, time for a wrap up. Let me tell you, this season is a hard one to wrap and even a harder one to pick winners for. I see know why so many hosts draw winners out of a hat. First I just want to thank all 47 Seasonistas who brought songs this week. They were all memorable and incredible.
I was kind of in a mental and emotional funk before this week started. A huge kid's literature project that I had been working on and devoting myself to for the last two years came to an end, and I was suffering from a lack of purpose. I wasn't sure I was ready to host, and I was pretty sure that I wasn't going to contribute much to the season.

Then the week started, and you guys brought it right away, and were having so much fun that it lifted me right out of the funk and made it impossible to not play along. I ended up doing at least a song every day with you guys, and I am in a completely different place than when the week started. I needed this week, and I hope you guys had even a fraction of the fun that I had.

There were so many seasonistas who showed up every day. A few highlights for me were: Linda's "Oo De Lally" and "Saturday" :), Randy's "Sway" (In my opinion, the best I've heard him sound.) Pa's "Arthur Theme Song", Kevin's "Let the Mystery Be" and "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" Rex's “Fantasy” :), Alan and Trent's colab " I Don't Believe You've Met my Baby" Kolibri's Pippi Longstocking instrumental, Cazteclo's "The Farting Song" and BEV’s “Friday”

We had two new seasonistas this week, Cazteclo and LightningBoltGirl. Please, welcome them if you haven't yet. They both have lots of talent, and I really can't wait to see what they bring us in the future.

Ok, so time for the winners. I was going to pick a seasonista who really got into the spirit of the season, but so many of you did, it was impossible to pick one. In the end, I decided to pick the top 3 of songs that I really enjoyed.

3rd place is Andy (Desert Pavement) with "Let's Go to the Mall." He did an awesome job with it, and with everything else he did. He'll be receiving a picture book signed by the author.

2nd place is Ralf (OnlyUkeThatMatters). He brought a few songs that could have won for me, but the one I can't get out of my head is his cover of The Repalcements' "Talent Show" played on a Waterman. Seriously guys, a Waterman shouldn't sound as good as Ralf sounds on one. He'll also be receiving a signed picture book.

and 1st place this week is TCK with his cover of "R.A.M.O.N.E.S" by Motorhead. I thought it was a bold choice to bring a song that wasn't a Ramones song on Ramones Monday, and it payed off. I can't get it out of my head. TCK will be receiving a set of science related books for his classroom library.
If the winners will PM me their addresses, I would appreciate it.

Thanks again, everyone, for a phenomenal week. I have a feeling I'll be listening to the 315 playlist during epic dishwashing marathons for a long time to come. :)

Last edited:
Great job Benji. I agree with you, there is no better way than to get out of a funk than hosting or delving into a season. I had so much fun this week. Thank you for the mention :)

Congratulations to the winners! There were just so many fantastic submissions this week that I dont know how you came up with favorites.

Great job Benji. I agree with you, there is no better way than to get out of a funk than hosting or delving into a season. I had so much fun this week. Thank you for the mention :)

Congratulations to the winners! There were just so many fantastic submissions this week that I dont know how you came up with favorites.

Haha, it wasn’t easy. I just went with my gut and threw all the criteria out the window.

Benji, you really brought it this week as a host and a participant. You've also set the bar pretty high for future seasons.

So many terrific entries, too, from lots of different sources.

Well done, all y'all (as we say here)!

Excellent time had participating and listening to all the great videos! You really did a great job conceiving of and hosting this week Benji! Thanks!

This week was a kick in the pants, and I got to play a few I really have wanted to for a while. Lots of laughs. Thanks Benji, and everyone else who continues to egg these hosts on, and entertain us.

Yes, Thanks Benji. I really couldn't participate much but did manage to get one song in, and enjoyed it.
And a welcome to the new Seasonistas, and Congratulations to the Seasons Winners ..
BTW I've deleted my only song entry, I'm recently just not satisfied with the recording quality of my videos, so trying to figure out how to get a decent video atm, I've been trying a new and different Mic which is much better, only problem now is I have to use the Mic with my webcam and so now my video and audio aren't in sync and I've got to try and figure out how to get it to operate in sync. I have looked up online and found info about changing the frame rate but my settings only allow a maximum of 30fps and apparently I need to try to get it to 60fps. I'll try and get it working, frustrating for me trying to figure out technology, so I'll probably take a bit of a break until I can get it happening somehow.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Terrific wrap video Benji, made me chuckle a lot. Awesome season, and 207 videos! Fab, just wait Til I tell my neighbour Sheener....;)

Top Bottom