Spring Into Uke 2018

ksiegel

Probably unknown member
UU VIP
Reaction score
Old Songs, Inc, a non-profit organization dedicated to bringing all kinds of music to the public, is presenting SPRING INTO UKE on Saturday, May 12, 2018 The one-day event includes workshops, open mic, and an evening concert. Local performers/ Workshops leaders include Mark Menard, Nemo, and Ron Gordon, with a workshop/concert appearance by headliner L'il Rev.

L'il Rev will also be doing a concert on Friday night, May 11, 2018.

All events will be held at the Old Songs Community Arts Center, 37 S. main Street, Voorheesville, NY.

For more information, please visit www.oldsongs.org or call (518) 765-2815

(Full disclosure: I did MC duty/ sign up for the Open Mic for this event for the past two years, and think I'm doing it again this year.)

-Kurt​

Sounds like a nice event.

Sounds like a nice event.

It has been quite nice in the past. Jim and Liz Beloff have been part of it for several years, as has Joel Eckhaus, among others.

Of the local folks, Ron Gordon leads the Electric City Ukulele Club in Schenectady, and Mark Menard leads the Tech Valley Ukulele Meetup, in Troy. Nemo I know from the local Framer's Market, where he sells Fat Freddy's Hummus, but he is an incredibly talented player, and has done some wonderful classical pieces on the uke.

There are many terrific players who come from Massachusetts, Vermont, Downstate (Catskills) and Connecticut for the festival. With L'il Rev coming this year, and doing a Friday Night Concert at Old Songs, I think it will be one hell of a good time. (And I'll finally get to meet L'il Rev!)

At least by May my arm will have healed enough for me to play for more than 10 minutes at a pop, so I can take part.

-Kurt

Top Bottom