Shure MV88 Condenser mic for iOS - REVIEW

Booli, here is my first attempt with the mid-side. This is the iQ7 on an iPhone7, Mid-Side mode, raw, WAV format. After recording, in their "Handy App" I set the Wide/Focus slider (this is the "mix" for the mid-Side) about 2/3 of the way to Wide. It's a song I'm still learning but setting aside my playing, I am pretty happy with the quality of the recording (and welcome opposing opinions/feedback/suggestions):

https://soundcloud.com/ukulele-eddie/yoshida_ms_raw-wav

That sounds wonderful - the playing, the melody, as well as the 'imaging' of the mid-side recording from the mic.

Listening in headphones, it sounds like you are playing just 3 ft in front of me, but in a nice 'sounding' room. I can definitely hear the wide sound-field as you mentioned and would have guessed this to be mid-side as opposed to X/Y or A/B stereo, which can sometimes both sound too diffused.

I like that song and hope you keep polishing it. You definitely seem to have an emotional connection to both the music itself, as well as the uke you played it on, which I can hear and feel in that recording, and I, for one am very impressed.

Thanks for sharing that here. :) :music:

Booli, here is my first attempt with the mid-side. This is the iQ7 on an iPhone7, Mid-Side mode, raw, WAV format. After recording, in their "Handy App" I set the Wide/Focus slider (this is the "mix" for the mid-Side) about 2/3 of the way to Wide. It's a song I'm still learning but setting aside my playing, I am pretty happy with the quality of the recording (and welcome opposing opinions/feedback/suggestions):

https://soundcloud.com/ukulele-eddie/yoshida_ms_raw-wav

I know this was meant for Booli......but thanks for posting. Ditto everything Booli said LOL. Sound great!
Really impressed with your playing too - what song is that? It has captured my heart.

Thanks, @Booli!

Thanks, Casey (@keod). The selection was from the first part of Daniel Ho's "Quietly" off his Polani album (still my favorite uke instrumental album and it's 10 years old!). For me, it's got some pretty challenging fingerings and transitions. Thanks to Campbell who provided some tips a few months ago.

Top Bottom