Cordoba 15CM - new uke with problem?

Mihora

Reaction score
Hello ukulele friends,

could you help me with my (maybe silly) problem please?
I just purchased brand new concert uke Cordoba 15CM.

I am very pleased with quality and sound, there is only one "problem" which I noticed - if you look at attached photo, you will see that tuners are not positioned symmetrically - top right and left tuners are not at the same angle. I am not sure if this is only an aesthetic problem or if it may have some impact on the function.

Thank you for any advice.

Michal

Attachments

• 20180226_142003.jpg
    20180226_142003.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 82
I can't imagine that would effect the tuning unless one or more are loose. I'm not sure it's something I would notice but I can see where it's a concern. Nobody wants imperfections in their gear. I'd say if this is your learning uke, keep smacking it around. If you really get into it, chances are you'll be getting a new one (or 5) down the road.

Thank you very much for your help. I was hoping this was only cosmetic issue :)
Anyway, shop offers 30 days return without any reasons, so I can test it and return it if any problem within next 30 days.

But as you said, nobody wants imperfections and this is my first more expenisve uke (my second one is soprano 40 dollars Octopus uke)

If you return it for that slight issue, I'm sure the shop will dread seeing you ever again.

Welcome to the forum Michal. While the Cordoba 15CM is a decent uke, it is not an expensive one relative to others (that does not mean it was not expensive to you, or that you made a bad choice). Some cosmetic issues are more likely to be present in that price range. Just ignore it and enjoy learning to play.

Good morning,

thank you to all of you for your comments and advices.
I am sure I will be happy with this uke :)

Have a good day
Michal

If you return it for that slight issue, I'm sure the shop will dread seeing you ever again.

A Cordoba 20CM was my first ukulele. I returned 4 before getting one I felt was acceptable. GC was great about taking them back. Although I will say I had really bad luck and none of the ones I returned had cosmetic issues. They were all returned for things like cracks in the body, loose fret, sunken top, etc. I'd say if it bothers you take it back. If you like the sound of your new uke and it plays nice, well maybe keep it. You won't be looking at the back of the head very often at all. And what you have is a cosmetic issue it will not affect playing.

I'll bet you could fix this. Slacken the C string and loosen the two screws on the tuner very slightly, give the tuner a gentle clockwise (from the back) twist and hold it there while you re-tighten the screws. If it still doesn't look right to you, do the same with the E tuner (twisting in the opposite direction).

If that fails to achieve the desired effect, pull those two tuners, drill out the screw holes a bit larger, and you will have the necessary room to work with to straighten them out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom