NUD: Joji Yoshida Tenor

Ukulele Eddie

Reaction score
Yesterday I took delivery of this wonderful tenor from Joji Yoshida. It's been a pleasure getting to know Joji through the Luthiers for a Cause: Voice of the Luthier project.

This instrument also features two other project participants: Rodgers Tuners and Harvey Leach Inlay. These custom, made-to-order tuners are not only unbelievably gorgeous, they are significantly smoother than any other tuners I have ever tried. I'm very impressed.

And, of course, to have an inlay by the Master inlay artist Harvey Leach, even if it's a relatively simple one, is pretty sweet.

Because of these connections to the project, this will always have a special meaning for me. The fact that the tone is exceptional makes it all the more special to me.

* Lucky Strike Redwood top
* Brazilian Rosewood body
* Rodgers custom-engraved tuners, engraved to match the headstock inlay
* Canadian big leaf maple neck
* Maple rosette
* MOP front and back
* Harvey Leach torch inlay on headstock
* Jojo Yoshida 12th fret inlay

The uke is currently strung with Oasis Brights and tuned Linear C. Here's a quick sound sample ("dry") with three snippets:

https://soundcloud.com/ukulele-eddie/joji-yoshida-oasis-brights

And a few pics:

Last edited:
Congrats Eddie. Absolutely frigging gorgeous and amazing sound!!!! So thrilled that you have such a special instrument after all your hard work. Indeed, such a special meaning for you.

A joy to behold! Congrats Eddie, you really know how to spoil yourself. Well done!

Congratulations Eddie! She’s a beautiful, modern classic instrument. Thanks for the great pictures and sound sample. Looks like the neck is a beautiful curly maple. So wonderful it is also the result of 3 artists, with whom you have a personal connection. Thanks for sharing.

I do believe that you have found THE instrument, at least it would be for me...jaw dropping sound and beauty in every aspect!

Suhweeeeet Eddie! It certainly will be right at home in your fine stable of ukuleles.

drooooooooooooooooling eye candy and great sounding to boot!

Wow.....I mean WOW Eddie. You know how to pick them. Really incredible in everyway.

Stunning! It's even nicer than I imagined.

Yowza indeed! Congratulations Eddie, looks and sounds like a great addition to your collection!

this is, without a doubt, the most exquisite ukulele.

thank you for buying it for me. I'll PM my address. :rofl:

Wow! absolutely stunning woods and tasteful choice of custom options! The tone is amazing. So complex with a round fullness on the low end and clear sweet tones in the upper registers. The overtones are haunting . . . congratulations and enjoy playing it!

Looks stunning and sounds fantastic. Congrats; enjoy it and keep on ukekin' !

Top Bottom