Cheap, CRappy, Thin Baritone Gig Bag?

bigsciota

Reaction score
I have a somewhat strange request: what's the cheapest, thinnest baritone gig bag out there?

I have an Enya X1 Baritone as a travel instrument, and I detach the neck to fit it into my backpack. Unfortunately, the gig bag Enya sent is just too darned good! The padding makes it hard to fold and compact, so I'm looking for something thinner that I can pack away and then put the bari in when I'm off the plane and it's re-assembled.

If there's one on the market, I'd love to hear it; if you've got one that came with your instrument and that you don't need/have upgraded from, I'd love to buy it from you. I've been thinking of possibly even making my own but don't quite know where to start...

I live in Massachusetts, USA, but if something can be bought in Europe I am over there somewhat frequently.

I've actually been thinking of getting that cheap bass uke posted here earlier, now I'm wondering if the gig bag it comes with is sufficiently crappy for my purposes... An excuse for another uke!

You might also drop in Guitar Center or Sam Ash and see if they have anything. I know I have gotten "dust covers" from there in the past.

Thanks for that suggestion, Choirguy, looks like exactly what I'm looking for. I like that it explicitly says that there's no padding; most bags try to talk up the features and end up exaggerating the padding, but I don't want to take the chance and get something that's actually "better" (for most other purposes but not for me) than advertised!

Top Bottom