WTB - Ronroco or charango, healthy budget

mark howard

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm in search of a decent well made Ronroco or similar well made Charango , l know not strictly uke related, but there was one for sale here last year, only place I can find them is boliviamall in Bolivia, and with the rosewood CITES rules, it's a headache, I've tried explaining the issues via email, but after saying without proper paperwork I Can't purchase, after that I got no more reponses.

Anyway if you have one or the other let me know, I have budget of £1000, for the right instrument, obviously if your in the USA that's $1350 and if paperwork is provided or if no rosewood is present even better.

Message or email me, based in the UK

Cheers Mark

Hi all,
I'm in search of a decent well made Ronroco or similar well made Charango , l know not strictly uke related, but there was one for sale here last year, only place I can find them is boliviamall in Bolivia, and with the rosewood CITES rules, it's a headache, I've tried explaining the issues via email, but after saying without proper paperwork I Can't purchase, after that I got no more reponses.

Anyway if you have one or the other let me know, I have budget of £1000, for the right instrument, obviously if your in the USA that's $1350 and if paperwork is provided or if no rosewood is present even better.

Cheers Mark

I live in Bolivia . . . just saying. This summer June/July I’ll be traveling to the USA to visit my ailing father. I’m new to the forum because I just picked up a couple Ukes for my daughters and I’m searching for the right Uke for me.

Hi all,

Cheers Mark

Fellow UU member 'Dusepo' is a very skilled and artful luthier and has demoed many similar instruments here on UU.

Maybe she can help you out? You can PM here from her profile page here:

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/member.php?26017-Dusepo

I’ve been to Villa Serrano multiple times, it’s just a tiny town out in the middle of nowhere Bolivia and it is the Charango capital. There are very talented luthiers there that specialize in the charango, it’s their pride and joy. They make them in multiple sizes and are truly high quality instruments. Sadly, most of the world will never be exposed to their craftsmanship!

http://www.erbol.com.bo/noticia/regional/17122016/el_charango_mas_grande_del_mundo_cumple_16_anos

https://youtu.be/kt-uPgcGX4I

I’ve had the opportunity to visit and talk with a number of the local luthiers. Very cool experience. I used to live about 3 ½ hours away. Now we’re a LOT farther away then that.

Hi all, I think the two ron has are sold, according to his inventory, its dated oct 2017 and says out of stock, I also doubt he will have relevant paperwkrk to keep CITES happy, from research no luthiers in Bolivia do docs to allow shipping outside of south America, and the chap that deals in Bolivian instruments in the UK, defo has no stock, which has to be a CITES issue, he's had no stock for over a year.

When I posted previously about Dusepo above, I also sent her a PM, pointing her to this thread, but she has not replied to me, nor posted here yet. But the next day she put up a thread of an instrument she made. Seems odd.

I dunno why no response, but I tried to help. Sorry if we do not hear back from her.

When I posted previously about Dusepo above, I also sent her a PM, pointing her to this thread, but she has not replied to me, nor posted here yet. But the next day she put up a thread of an instrument she made. Seems odd.

I dunno why no response, but I tried to help. Sorry if we do not hear back from her.

Sorry, I did not notice I had a PM! Yes I can build a ronrocco or a charango, but a flat backed one or lute backed, not carved. You can see more of my work at www.dusepo.co.uk

Top Bottom