Hello from White Rock, BC!

westcoastuke

Reaction score
Hi all,
My name is Michael. I've been playing ukulele for about 2 years now and can't seem to put them down.

Luckily my father and I own a music store in White Rock, Vancouver and Victoria and have many toys to play with each day that fuel the uke addiction.

What ukes are everyone playing? I currently can't put down this Takumi TC-1K Concert.

Welcome to the forum.
That Takumi TC-1K Concert looks like a world beater. Congratulations!

Welcome to the UU, Michael. It's a great place for anyone hooked on ukes. What is the name of the music stores that you and your father have in Vancouver and White Rock? My brother lives in Surrey, and the next time I visit him, it would be fun to visit an instrument store that fully appreciates ukuleles. :)
Jan
(a Bluenoser, now living in Oregon)

I live in Blaine, Wa. My in-laws used to live White Rock. It sure isn't the sleepy small town like it was before. Do you go to the White Rock Uke gathering on the first Sat.? In case you're interested, we have a small group that plays at the Blaine Senior Center every Tuesday at 1:30-3:00. You're more than welcome. THere's also a great group I play with in Bellingham on the first Sat. If interested http://www.bellinghamukulelegroup.c...e to UU and hope you stop in Blaine sometime.

Last edited:
Hi Patrick,
Yes, White Rock continues to grow (whether we like it or not!) I'll be at the White Rock Uke Circle today with a couple tables showing off some ukes. I'm usually working on Tuesdays, but one of these days i'll try to make it down there for a strum.

I'm not sure who in the area makes guitar cases... We do have a Tric Case for a parlour made from polyfoam in stock. Made in Canada and is very well made. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for the case maker you speak of, though.

Top Bottom