What happened to the Bad Boys here?

flailingfingers

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Used to be some posters who really stirred things up. Regularly got booted for a "time out" by the moderator. I miss those guys. Humor and irreverence are essential for maintaining my interest in this forum.
I'll kick it off: Players who only pick melodies and such but don"t sing are wimps. Real players strum like mad and sing LOUDLY to the heavens.
Let the fun begin.

You sound like someone who learns a couple of chords to strum and goes around telling everyone your a musician.

Sometimes I miss the banned people. Not all were boys. At least one was a Bad Girl. :)

You sound like someone who learns a couple of chords to strum and goes around telling everyone your a musician.
oooh. That's a good one in the Bad Boy (BB) tradition. Attack the poster directly. Well played. Just a note: "your" is correctly spelled "you're". (correcting someone who has attacked you is also in the BB tradition).

Last edited:
Funny, I don't remember Roy Smeck, John King or other uke virtuosos singing...did I miss something?

Speaking of Bad Boys, I haven't heard the old canard "Anything larger than a soprano is cheating" lately. :D Maybe the PC Police gave em all the boot?

Those are the wimps I speak of...virtuosos? Hah!
Thanks for bringing up that old canard. That was always good for some heated blather.
I do fear that the Boys have been booted. Our loss if so.

Last edited:
Don't miss that kind of stuff at all. A few times I was called out by a member for no good reason at all, but because I hate confrontation, I didn't respond. I believe if you don't have something good to say, don't say anything at all. One of my favorite recent songs that our group does is "Happy" by Pharrell Williams.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 8 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. http://.www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: https://www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

Last edited:
Humor suggestion

For those having a bit of trouble understanding the twisted humor going on here: have a marathon viewing session, most likely on uTube, of the Monty Python shows. That may help.

For those having a bit of trouble understanding the twisted humor going on here: have a marathon viewing session, most likely on uTube, of the Monty Python shows. That may help.

I've been on a British comedy kick lately, watching shows like The Office (UK), The End of The F****** World, The Ricky Gervias show and others. It's dry, blunt, smart and not so reliant on sex or shock value. Good stuff. Now go ahead and point out my grammar mistakes.

I've been on a British comedy kick lately, watching shows like The Office (UK), The End of The F****** World, The Ricky Gervias show and others. It's dry, blunt, smart and not so reliant on sex or shock value. Good stuff. Now go ahead and point out my grammar mistakes.

A few yrs back, BEVOMU (from London) introduced me to the UK tv show 'One Foot In The Grave'...which I never knew about previously being in the USA.

I found the episodes scattered across YouTube and watched them all. I really loved that show, and had not seen much British tv prior to that, and as they say, I thought it was 'bloody brilliant'....

see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Foot_in_the_Grave

Since then, I've come to the conclusion that I am beginning to despise US tv programming and that the BBC is really much better, but being a Whovian too might help that....grass being greener on the other side and all...

On the other hand... with the current climate in America, it is nice to go somewhere where people are civil to each other.

John

Damn. You're making it hard. Here goes ( a desperate attempt at best): you used too many *****. Should have ended with a "g". Hope that helps.

A few yrs back, BEVOMU (from London) introduced me to the UK tv show 'One Foot In The Grave'...which I never knew about previously being in the USA.

I found the episodes scattered across YouTube and watched them all. I really loved that show, and had not seen much British tv prior to that, and as they say, I thought it was 'bloody brilliant'....

Booli,
This makes this whole post worth it for me. Just checked out "One Foot..." Bookmarked for must-see viewing. Thanks. Now this is diverging from the BB concept. We're being courteous, kind and helpful. Perhaps someone lurking can pull us down?

On the other hand... with the current climate in America, it is nice to go somewhere where people are civil to each other.

John

I agree. I come to UU for discussion of music and ukulele.

If I wanted excessive trolling, sarcasm, pub humor etc, I'd be on that 'Cosmos' forum instead.

On 'Cosmos', they all think of us here on UU as 'gentle snowflakes'.

If you want to lock horns with a 'Bad Boy', maybe Cosmos is a good place for that. Many of those folks banned from UU have taken refuge over there, and lovingly describe UU people as 'faeries' that they would like to pummel into submission and misery to be more like them.

I despise churn and friction for it's own sake, as well as conflict with folks who thrive on negativity, and like kohanmike, will usually just bow out if the person seems hell-bent on stirring things up for the sake of feeding off the negativity like a parasite.

I'm sure the moderators will agree, that kind of wasteful negativity is not welcome here on UU.

Since then, I've come to the conclusion that I am beginning to despise US tv programming and that the BBC is really much better, but being a Whovian too might help that....grass being greener on the other side and all...

I will definitely have to check it out.

Booli,
This makes this whole post worth it for me. Just checked out "One Foot..." Bookmarked for must-see viewing. Thanks. Now this is diverging from the BB concept. We're being courteous, kind and helpful. Perhaps someone lurking can pull us down?

ok. Thanks, but now you can just piss off!

ha ha

bad boy enough for ya?

ok. Thanks, but now you can just piss off!

ha ha

bad boy enough for ya?

Perfect! I think my work here is done. Been a fun morning. I'm being a stay-home nurse for my wife who is recovering from surgery. Needed a diversion and this has worked well. PLUS the info on "One Foot...". A treasure. Signing off. Perhaps if any real bad boys are out there they will carry on. I'll have to miss it.
Booli, I'm sorry that I seemed to have really upset you as you said in a previous post. Credentials: I am a proud, staunch liberal and card caring ACLU member. I think we are on the same team. Never heard of Cosmos. Think I'll skip it.
NOW REALLY SIGNING OFF.

Last edited:

John

Not exactly wholesome here either. Brexit has divided the country and it has brought a deal of nastiness out.

Perfect! I think my work here is done. Been a fun morning. I'm being a stay-home nurse for my wife who is recovering from surgery. Needed a diversion and this has worked well. PLUS the info on "One Foot...". A treasure. Signing off. Perhaps if any real bad boys are out there they will carry on. I'll have to miss it.
Booli, I'm sorry that I seemed to have really upset you as you said in a previous post. Credentials: I am a proud, staunch liberal and card caring ACLU member. I think we are on the same team. Never heard of Cosmos. Think I'll skip it.
NOW REALLY SIGNING OFF.

It's all good brother, no harm, no foul.

However, GET OFF MY LAWN!!!! Damn kiddies and their incessant warblings and mucking about!!!!

Top Bottom