What happened to the Bad Boys here?

Speaking of Bad Boys, I haven't heard the old canard "Anything larger than a soprano is cheating" lately. :D Maybe the PC Police gave em all the boot?

It is not cheating. It is just not a real ukulele.

That is fine. It will lessen the competition for the beautiful instruments to those in the know.

(there, are those the kind of inflammatory remarks the OP is looking for?)

;)

It is not cheating. It is just not a real ukulele.

That is fine. It will lessen the competition for the beautiful instruments to those in the know.

(there, are those the kind of inflammatory remarks the OP is looking for?)

;)

The rajao (Portuguese inspiration for the ukulele was 27 inches long. A tenor uke is 26 inches long. Sounds like the soprano uke is the aberration.

The rajao (Portuguese inspiration for the ukulele was 27 inches long. A tenor uke is 26 inches long. Sounds like the soprano uke is the aberration.

It is more closely related to the cavaquinho or machete de braga, which are both approximately the size of a soprano.

The people in those days were much smaller, so the instrument only looked bigger

Well, you have to account for the conversion from metric to the english system. That is a common mistake.

Oh,........maybe I was thinking of the conversion from celsius to fahrenheit!

Well, don't truck with any of that.

I'm hardcore, and only do Kelvin. Absolute Zer0 or else!

OK. OK. Another attempt to kill the beast:
What is your favorite color of:
1. Uke strap 2. hard case 3. soft case 4. tuner 5. plectrum 6. ukulele interior 7. humidifier 8. tuning knobs 9. your absolute most precious uke 10. the light bulb that is always on when you play in your Mom's basement which is pretty much all the time?
If we can get a serious discussion along these lines then the boredom among anyone on this forum who still has a life will be instant and the thread will die. Or not.

OK. OK. Another attempt to kill the beast:
What is your favorite color of:
1. Uke strap 2. hard case 3. soft case 4. tuner 5. plectrum 6. ukulele interior 7. humidifier 8. tuning knobs 9. your absolute most precious uke 10. the light bulb that is always on when you play in your Mom's basement which is pretty much all the time?
If we can get a serious discussion along these lines then the boredom among anyone on this forum who still has a life will be instant and the thread will die. Or not.

Jolly for those on the path willing to render a discussion [yet again on these topics] with answers...

But I'd rather hit myself in the kneecaps really hard a few dozen times with a ball-peen hammer than discuss these topics again.

/s

Top Bottom