What happened to the Bad Boys here?

There's still plenty of bad-boyism here; I'd rather keep my insights to myself than deal with the knee-jerk reactions they tend to provoke from the contentious and usually badly informed, particularly those more interested in protecting their cherished lore or scattershot approach than in reading carefully, digesting what others have to say, and learning.

Ubu - I don't blame you and sad to say that for certain folks, willful ignorance is like a form of mental illness, often lifelong and undiagnosed and untreated.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/why-we-blame/201709/willful-ignorance-and-self-deception

I got threatened with being banned only recently.
You're welcome.

You sound like someone who learns a couple of chords to strum and goes around telling everyone your a musician.

Or maybe he's just one of those poor bastards with a list of 10+ ukes in their signature, categorized by body size or wood type, who are clearly overcompensating for an unfortunate lack of playing skills.

Perhaps you meant 'lying all about the floor'............

Nice catch Croaky. Well done in the finest tradition.
I think humor is lost on Milehighuke and Capsfan89. Sad souls typing away in their mother's basement. (The BB technique here is "attack the poster personally".)
Disclaimer: VERY possible that I am the one missing the subtle humor of Milehighuke and Capsfan89. If so, I bow to your BB expertise. Impressive.

I think humor is lost on Milehighuke and Capsfan89. Sad souls typing away in their mother's basement. (The BB technique here is "attack the poster personally".)
Disclaimer: VERY possible that I am the one missing the subtle humor of Milehighuke and Capsfan89. If so, I bow to your BB expertise. Impressive.

At first when I read your OP, I was offended and thought that you were earnestly trying to stir up a maelstrom of negativity, but several posts down, realized that it was all a farce and you were doing this all in jest.

Perhaps that intent of 'having a bit of fun' was lost on others as it was on me initially, and thus their reactions that followed.

Jokes like this, tread a fine line, and are a slippery slope, and as we all know the flavors of humor are not universally understood by all (including me) and are more like favorite flavors of ice cream while ignoring the flavors that are NOT one's own favorite...

I just hope that nobody ends up with a sour feeling and decides that your thread was created with intent of malice, even if they hold the opinion that possibly in their own perception that it could have just been a matter of poor taste.

I am not judging anyone at all here, and just glad that I caught on, before getting caught up, in what would have been fake drama, as I do not need to raise my own blood pressure.

So, with me, it's all good, and please don't mind me. It's ok if you, or anyone else will disagree with me, I will not make a fuss about it.

We are all human (or troll) after all. :)

Last edited:
Well said Booli. Sorry I threw you off. Not intended of course. I sort of figured, after one of your posts, that I was not hitting the mark. It's been a fun, short ride and it should stay that: SHORT. So I'll end it here on my part. Thanks to all for coming along. PS- I really don't miss the Bad Boys all that much....although a few of them were pretty amazing.

Well said Booli. Sorry I threw you off. Not intended of course. I sort of figured, after one of your posts, that I was not hitting the mark. It's been a fun, short ride and it should stay that: SHORT. So I'll end it here on my part. Thanks to all for coming along. PS- I really don't miss the Bad Boys all that much....although a few of them were pretty amazing.

Thanks brother. No worries at all.

It was a wild ride...to infinity...and beyond!

Drama queen.

was hoping this would be a thread dedicated to Bill Laimbeer and the Bad Boys of the Detroit Pistons. Very disappointed.

Who would waste their time responding to such an obviously terrible thread?

BTW, it's "Yook." No reversies!

No subtle humor here. I was first to reply and I thought you were wanting to just hurl some funny insults at each other. No worries at all, we can go all back to obsessively looking at and buying ukes we won't play in peace and harmony.

No subtle humor here. I was first to reply and I thought you were wanting to just hurl some funny insults at each other. No worries at all, we can go all back to obsessively looking at and buying ukes we won't play in peace and harmony.

Ha! Good one. :eek:ld:

Top Bottom