New Quilted Maple Ono Tenor with 18" scale

saltytri

Reaction score
This quilted maple tenor has an 18" scale, which I feel contributes to a nice, resonant tone while providing a bit more finger room and one more fret to the body. Here are the full specs:

18” Tenor with 15 frets to the body and 19 total frets
Quilted maple back and sides
Master grade Carpathian spruce top
Honduras mahogany neck with carbon fiber reinforcement
Cantilevered ebony fretboard with 16” radius and carbon fiber reinforcement
Ebony bridge
Curly koa bindings
Abalone rosette
Carbon fiber bridge plate
Glossy lacquer finish on body
Satin epoxy finish on neck for smooth playability
Unbleached bone nut and saddle
Gotoh UPT tuners
Strung low G with a Fremont Soloist G string and Southcoast LMU fluorocarbons on the other three

It's off to HMS (theukulelesite.com) so a sound sample ought to be available in the near future.

25713467067_dc9189ed11_b.jpg

39873661914_0b6b0e2e99_b.jpg

40541951462_09f66ce0b7_b.jpg

39873659014_4e5e728c02_b.jpg

love the quilted back! like waters rippling on a pond. such a serene look. someone at hms will snatch this up!

love the quilted back! like waters rippling on a pond. such a serene look. someone at hms will snatch this up!

Yes, I love that stuff! Some wag with an excess of enthusiasm once said of quilted maple: "That's the wood I would marry if I could marry wood."

ha ha ha! i don't know if i could choose. so many beautiful woods. quilted maple would be right up there, though!

i'm sure it sounds great with that spruce top. I'll be looking for a uke-god like Corey or Kalei to show it off.

I'll be looking for a uke-god like Corey or Kalei to show it off.

Me too. As a builder, there's nothing like hearing your instruments played by masters. Those guys make us look good!

Another beautiful Ono Ukulele. I admire the skill, thought, precision and time put into the creation of this instrument.
The maple seems to move all on its own. Such clean lines. Can’t wait to hear a sound sample after it arrives at HMS.

Be still my beating heart! David, you know how I love maple! A real beauty!

When will this instrument be available from HMS? Or video'd on Vimeo? I've been looking forward to a seeing/hearing this one...

The reason that Noah's song sounds so quintessentially Hawaiian is that he's playing slack key. I missed this and someone had to point it out to me!

Top Bottom