Cort UKE-BWC Concert review

bazmaz

Reaction score
Thanks for review. I have a solid spruce top parlour guitar with a laminate body that plays well and is built well. I would definitely give a all solid backwood Cort tenor a spin. From all the guitars I’ve played by Cort , I’d bet the ukuleles are a great instrument

Thanks for this review! I have been a long time Cort guitar fan and have always found them under rated. They make a great guitar and it appears their ukulele are no different. Priced right as well. I see one in my near future.

Thanks both - yeah, for the money it’s hard to find any fault with this one

I contacted the listed Canadian distributor and they said they did not handle Cort ukuleles. They must handle a Cort Guitars as I see them in music stores. They suggested I buy Kala and gave me a link! Funny, I wish makers would keep their sites up to date or state whether they actually handle the full line. Too bad. Doesn’t look like I’ll find Cort in Canada.

I contacted the listed Canadian distributor and they said they did not handle Cort ukuleles. They must handle a Cort Guitars as I see them in music stores. They suggested I buy Kala and gave me a link! Funny, I wish makers would keep their sites up to date or state whether they actually handle the full line. Too bad. Doesn’t look like I’ll find Cort in Canada.

I've been trying to keep an eye open for them here in the US but haven't ran across any yet.

Yes I agree, many times in the past I have gone to sites that are listed as dealers only to find
that the brand is not listed.
Could you please share the link as to the Kala brand in Canada?
Ron

I have been very happy with mine as well.

Perhaps I havent tried enough akacia ukuleles to know exactly what the usually sound like, but I am surprised by the slightly "messy" sound of mine.
Mine has kind of a slow attack when played, and while it has a lot of sustain, a lot of the volume and sustain sounds to me to be overtones and instrument ressonance as much the picked note itself. Is that what is referred to as bell like sound, or does my specimen sound different than most?

I like this sound for some tunes, but not for all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom