Greetings from a London newbie

Melusine

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've only been playing for a month or so (just completed 4 weeks of beginners' group lessons) but am already completely hooked. Been learning the harp for the last couple of years - I love it but it's a fiendishly difficult instrument so I've been looking for something with a slightly shallower learning curve to go alongside it. Not much desire to return to piano or flute (which were the instruments I learned at school) but I hit on the uke as a choice and am thrilled I can already play Hotel California (simplified, just strumming with 6 or 7 chords)!

I'm a left-hander though and that is proving a challenge in that I have to do all my own chord-charts (trying to use mirrors etc left me hopelessly confused in the early stages). Thank goodness there are a few online resources for lefties.

I can see I'm going to have to resist the temptation to amass a collection of instruments - just over one month in and I already have two! My first purchase was a Duke solid top mahogany soprano DUSX which has a beautiful rich tone and is very easy to play; but (with future improvement in my playing in mind!) I've also invested in a solid mahogany Snail concert (SUC-M3). Both are strung left-handed.

I look forward to exploring these forums and learning all I can!

Welcome aboard. :)

I learned to play uke, & then went back to harmonica, it really helped me get to grips with them, I now play chromatic harmonica more than uke, but I intend getting better at both - enjoy the journey.

Hiya, I'm sort of London (Ruislip) but born in Scotland. REALLY hard not to buy too many ukes :rock:

Last edited:
Welcome form the East Midlands!

Thanks for all the lovely welcome messages, this seems like a very friendly board! Also, I've already learned tons from reading various threads :)

Top Bottom